• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

N. KY. OC picnic is on !

jbradford1

imported post

We are ready for our 1st N. KY. OC picnic. Sunday Aug 3rd around 3pm. If you plan on attending please send me a private message and give the approx number of guests so that I can reserve the proper size shelter.

Directions to Pendry Park, Melbourne, KY..........275 to 471 Alexandria 27. 1 mile to DAV National HQ.( There is a Kroger's on the right if you need it)Turn Left onRoute 1998.....take 1998 to the bottom = Route 8 Mary Ingles Hwy. turn Right.....approx 4 miles to Pendry park.

Left into Park...cross tracks...pass the first parking lot...turn right into ball fields and go straight back to shelters.

Hope to see you there..."Carry On!"

jbradford1

imported post

The N. KY. meet went great. The County and County Police welcomed us and invited us back. There were no problems. Made some new friends had some good desert...theweather was great. Nice breezeon the river.

We talked about meeting again this fall ...Maybe middle of Oct? I would like to check out the riverfront in Newport , Restaurants...check out the shops on Monmouth St. Hang out on the river???? Might recon the city officials and get a feel for their temperament on the issue.

Anyway....good first gathering! I am looking forward to the next "N. KY. OC Get Together!"............"Carry On!"

slats1

imported post

JB,

Brother,,,,,,Picnic went well except for the parking problems. Not near enough room !!

Folks if you missed this gathering, you missed some great weather and a super view of the river & surrounding area. At least the couple from London, Ky. won the top prize of $5,000 at the drawing sponsored by Smith & Wesson !!

Be there this Fall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Slats1

jbradford1

imported post

We had aseveral cancel but there werenine who could make it. Slats is crazy! The next time we get together Slats1 can put his photo skills to use! Maybe some group photos in front of the Freedom Bell in Newport? In front of the Old Newport Courthouse by the cannons? Cincinnati skyline? The Brass Bull strip club??? Oh!! sorry... or down on the Levee / Newport Aquarium?

PS...where can we get one of these grills? (attached)

zer0cool

imported post

The pictures from the Northern Kentucky OC Picnic have been posted HERE. Theres only a few, we were having so much fun that we almost forgot to take pictures :lol: