• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Competition in Havelock, NC

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

What: Shooting Competition - beginners welcome

Where: B&R Range, 1775 Lake Road, Havelock, NC

When: Saturday, August 9th

Time: 08:00 AM - Noonish, show up before 8 for sign-up

Details:

Hey guys, I'm noticing a lot more people popping up in eastern NC, so I thought I'd just extend this invitation. B&R Range in Havelock, NC has ISPC-type competitions every other Saturday of every month. Usually the first Saturday is a more relaxed setting, where handguns can be substituted for long guns in some cases, and the second Saturday is a more strictly scored event. Either way, they welcome new-comers, and "competition" experience is not required. Experience with your firearm is preferred, of course.

Basically,they set up life-sized targets in stages and take turns running the stage. The targets may be at difference distances, behind obstructions, or amongst "innocent" targets. The stages include movement, reloading, multiple target engagement, and whatever else they decide to come up with lol. Some of the guys that are there are all competition-crazy with tricked out 1911's and 20 mags on their belt. On the other hand, a lot of them, like myself, are just there with standard carry weapons, using the drills as an opportunity to practice real life scenarios.

I can't stress enough that you do NOT have to come to compete. Every weekend there are first time shooters that are simply there to practice with their carry firearms. You'll still be scored for the heck of it, though :D. Anyway I think the fee is $10, and you bring your own ammo. If people show interest on here, I'll find out exactly how much ammo you'll need. They do sell ammo on site, and there is a wal-mart very close by.

Oh, and after the competition, the range opens up for normal use. It's all out doors, and they have plenty of pistol and rifle lanes, up to 200 yds. They also have a shotgun "pit" where you can shoot clay, or set up your own object-targets to shoot. I like to bring 2-liters filled with water for something a little more entertaining than paper lol.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

lol That's ok. I'm surprised no one responded. It was a lot of fun. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but apparently these matches are official USPSA matches, so that's pretty kool. If anyone is interested in attending future matches, just let me know. I can PM you the e-mail addy of the the guy runs the events.