• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

o,c bonfire

ruger45

imported post

if every one brings their own drinks and cups i will cover the hottie dogs and smores.we will get started at 800 .i have horse shoes we can play.we could do a jalapenoeating contest i have a garden with some in it.my wife would like to know if any of your wive o.c?

Tucker6900

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
if every one brings their own drinks and cups i will cover the hottie dogs and smores.we will get started at 800 .i have horse shoes we can play.we could do a jalapenoeating contest i have a garden with some in it.my wife would like to know if any of your wive o.c?
I cant even convince my wife to go shooting with me, or even hold the gun unloaded.:lol:

SQLtables

imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
ruger45 wrote:
I cant even convince my wife to go shooting with me, or even hold the gun unloaded.:lol:
Heh, I know how that is. I got lucky with my current girlfriend though. She doesn't OC... yet.. but she CC's when I remind her to. I don't think it's that she forgets, she just doesn't think she needs to. :uhoh:

warlockmatized

imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
ruger45 wrote:
SNIP: I cant even convince my wife to go shooting with me
Sometimes that can be a GOOD thing lol. Every time the wife goes with me it costs me triple. Targets, ammo, extended range time, and of course dinner out.

ruger45

imported post

my wife wants to get her ccw permit one day.she used to not like guns but now she does.she talked me into buying hand guns.if it is late at night and one of the dogs bark she grabs her 9mm and goes to see what is up.before she goes to sleep thats the first thing she checks to make sure it is on her night stand but i can not convinse her to o.c yet.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
my wife wants to get her ccw permit one day.she used to not like guns but now she does.she talked me into buying hand guns.if it is late at night and one of the dogs bark she grabs her 9mm and goes to see what is up.before she goes to sleep thats the first thing she checks to make sure it is on her night stand but i can not convinse her to o.c yet.

When friends and solicitor's show up at my house they wonder why I have/carry a gun. (LOL) They don't have a clue as to what actually goes on around here where you and I live.

Anyways, think you can convince her to OC Saturday night?

ruger45

imported post

i will work on it she has yet to buy a holster.but that will not be a big deal to get.i think she is conserned about someone takeing it off of her.any idea

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
i will work on it she has yet to buy a holster.but that will not be a big deal to get.i think she is conserned about someone takeing it off of her.any idea

I have holsters that will fit 4" and 5" 1911's and also, the factory holster for a full size Glock.

"she is conserned about someone takeing it off of her"

Us or LEO? :lol:

ruger45

imported post

funny no like someone like a robber or something along that line.hers is a ruger and i dont think she thinks she would be able to defend off someone if that was to happen.

ruger45

imported post

i got everything for bonfire then i got to thinking dont you need wood for a fire???anybody got wood??lol.just kidding i got wood:D

ruger45

imported post

just called to get parking permitt just in case someone has to park in the street that is no parking unless you call ahead of time.you have to call the burton police department and they asked what kind of event is this.lol.i just said a bonfire cook out.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
just called to get parking permitt just in case someone has to park in the street that is no parking unless you call ahead of time.you have to call the burton police department and they asked what kind of event is this.lol.i just said a bonfire cook out.

Ruger, Iwanted to comment on your OC Bonfire from the beginning, but held off until this recent post of your. Here it is:

It's been my understanding that burning (leaves, rubbish, bonfires LOL) in Burton was prohibited per Burton ordinances.

For those who are unaware, Burton was incorporated many years ago. There's no longer a Township of Burton, only City of Burton.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
ruger45 wrote:

Ruger, Iwanted to comment on your OC Bonfire from the beginning, but held off until this recent post of your. Here it is:

It's been my understanding that burning (leaves, rubbish, bonfires LOL) in Burton was prohibited per Burton ordinances.

For those who are unaware, Burton was incorporated many years ago. There's no longer a Township of Burton, only City of Burton.
Many towns have recreational permits to have campfires. My township has a permit to burn leaves, etc., but you can get a fire pit inspected by the FD and burn anytime it's safe to.

ruger45

imported post

Venator wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
ruger45 wrote:

Many towns have recreational permits to have campfires. My township has a permit to burn leaves, etc., but you can get a fire pit inspected by the FD and burn anytime it's safe to.
as a matter of fact just got back from city hall and have the burn permitts next to me all you have to do is go get them at city hall and your good to go

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
Venator wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
ruger45 wrote:

as a matter of fact just got back from city hall and have the burn permitts next to me all you have to do is go get them at city hall and your good to go
Perfect, that eliminates any concern of RAS. :)