Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Leo encounter in 2 days.

Post imported post

I just had a security guard no less tell m He said he knew opene I had to cover my weapon.At my apts. He said he knew open carry was legal but walking around with it in a holster would constitute alarm if some one said something.Damn I didn,t have a pamphlet on me at the time.What else ,for you more experienced guys would demonstrate that even if someone complained having a weapon properly holstered does not constitute alarm...?

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    I just had a security guard no less tell m He said he knew opene I had to cover my weapon.At my apts. He said he knew open carry was legal but walking around with it in a holster would constitute alarm if some one said something.Damn I didn,t have a pamphlet on me at the time.What else ,for you more experienced guys would demonstrate that even if someone complained having a weapon properly holstered does not constitute alarm...?
    Pamphlet time. On top of that the courts have said he is wrong as a holstered weapon threatens no one.

"The 2nd Amendment gives me the right not to worry about your unreasonable fear of guns."

Post imported post

You have security guards working at your apartments? Time to move.... I have worked in security for 34 years and have always felt that if I am going to tell someone something is illegal, I had better be sure first.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

Yep security at these apts.Thank you gentleman I have seen him around before and will advise him accordingly.

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    Yep security at these apts.Thank you gentleman I have seen him around before and will advise him accordingly.
    Print one of the pamphlets off the forum and present it to him.

Post imported post

I already printed some and will keep my eyeout for him.I highlighted the apprpriate passages showing that even if someone compalins a properly holstered firearm does not warrant alarm.Me and a buddy went shooting earlier at Champion Arms.(Really busy there ,good to see,AWSOME STAFF) .Stopped at safeway and a couple other places OC and noe one even looked.

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    I already printed some and will keep my eyeout for him.I highlighted the apprpriate passages showing that even if someone compalins a properly holstered firearm does not warrant alarm.Me and a buddy went shooting earlier at Champion Arms.(Really busy there ,good to see,AWSOME STAFF) .Stopped at safeway and a couple other places OC and noe one even looked.
    Also tell him;

"The 2nd Amendment gives me the right not to worry about your unreasonable fear of guns."

Post imported post

Precisely Bear....I also just bought a voice recorder and will be recording any further encounters.Of course I gotta figure out how it works.The last recorder I had Had these big reels and long tapes............................................. ....OLD GUY!

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    Precisely Bear....I also just bought a voice recorder and will be recording any further encounters.Of course I gotta figure out how it works.The last recorder I had Had these big reels and long tapes............................................. ....OLD GUY!
    hey, I remember those. Brought one home after my first tour. As my T-shirt says:

"OLD GUYS RULE."

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    Just make sure that they are aware you are recording, unless of course he is an LEO acting in official capacity.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

"This conversation may be recorded for training purposes" Thanks understood.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Also tell him;

This I like.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

Security guard? I would look him square in the eye and tell him A)He's wrong and B)He has no authority to tell me anything.

Post imported post

911Boss wrote:
    Security guard? I would look him square in the eye and tell him A)He's wrong and B)He has no authority to tell me anything.
    Actually, this is only half true. He is definitely wrong.... however, if he actually works there, he represents the management and does have the authority, as given him by the management. This is a common misconception.

Post imported post

j2l3 wrote:
    911Boss wrote:
    Actually, this is only half true. He is definitely wrong.... however, if he actually works there, he represents the management and does have the authority, as given him by the management. This is a common misconception.
    But if he is wrong, he is misrepresenting management which I'm sure is not in his job title.

Post imported post

Agree with you again!

Post imported post

I believe he works for a company hired by management.Unmarked crown vic.I think overestimates his authority.I did correct him and he seemed alittle anoyed.Also when I told him of the 2 LEOS yesterday and about the 2 LEOS I have coffee with every so often .That have not said a word about the OC.

Post imported post

unmarked Crown Vic? That's a surprise. Most legit security companies want their names all over their cars..... Oh well, that's what happens when they try to save money by hiring fly by night outfits. A total lack of professionalism from the employees and their company.

Post imported post

Thats something that un nerves me about these security guards.Lack of training along with anoverblown sense of their authority.He was just probably annoyed because he has to get back to guarding the mall or something.

Post imported post

Yep, training is ALWAYS the part that lacks. Companies scrimp there and provide only the EIGHT hours intially required by the state.

Post imported post

Next time he does something stupid, ask for his guards license. He is required by state law to carry it at all times while on duty and present it on demand.

I would guess he isn't carrying it and if he can't even comply with the law that pertains to him directly, he shouldn't be trying to get others to comply with laws he has no clue about.

Post imported post

Good Idea I'll do that.

Post imported post

Just because I'm a stickler for citations,RWC 18.170.070 (1)(b)&(1)(c).

[edit] for being a stickler, I should have grabbed the right letters -- fixed

Post imported post

PERFECT!

Post imported post

Gene Beasley wrote:
    Just because I'm a stickler for citations,RWC 18.170.070 (1)(b)&(1)(c).

[edit] for being a stickler, I should have grabbed the right letters -- fixed
    Question becomes does that pertain to citizen requests? I know if a normal person came up to me and asked for my ID there would be no chance in hell I would give it to them.

(Work in security, always have my license on me)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast