Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle OC

Post imported post

Thought it'd be interesting to see how much OC is done by riders...

I OC'd on a, approximately, 70+ mile ride from Stephens City to Woodbridge today.

ETA: Ran into a 7-11 in the Manassas area and a customer made mention of my firearm. Asked if I was LEO or bounty hunter. I explained that I was just a regular guy exercising his rights of self defense. He asked about a permit to which I let him know no permit was required. Obviously surprised, he had to go and tell his wife in another part of the store...

Was a great day!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I OC everytime I ride, when I'm not going to and from work.

Post imported post

I never OC on my bike. The primary reason being that I'm far more likely to lay down my bike, and have that firearm on my hip complicate the injuries, than I am to actually need to use that firearm while I'm on it. So it generally sits locked in my top case while I travel, and gets put back on as soon as I stop.

Granted, the other reason is that it's really hard to OC if you're wearing proper motorcycle safety gear. I put 20,000-30,000 miles a year on my bike. So I'd be a fool to dress in any other way while riding it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I open carry almost always when riding.The only thing i'm concerned about is the holster i now have is not very confortable. Maybe a new one will solve this next birthday.

Post imported post

All the time on my 1997 Honda Valkyrie.

Post imported post

I carry while riding, but it's CC since I wear a riding jacket everytime I ride. The jacket kind of rides on the holster/gun so it doesn't really fit right that way if I try to OC.

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    I carry while riding, but it's CC since I wear a riding jacket everytime I ride. The jacket kind of rides on the holster/gun so it doesn't really fit right that way if I try to OC.
    Same here!

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    Thought it'd be interesting to see how much OC is done by riders...

I OC'd on a, approximately, 70+ mile ride from Stephens City to Woodbridge today.

ETA: Ran into a 7-11 in the Manassas area and a customer made mention of my firearm. Asked if I was LEO or bounty hunter. I explained that I was just a regular guy exercising his rights of self defense. He asked about a permit to which I let him know no permit was required. Obviously surprised, he had to go and tell his wife in another part of the store...

Was a great day!
    I don't OC on my bike - I've tried it, but my jacket doesn't fit right with a firearm.

As far as conversations go, I've apparently trained my girlfriend well. A friend of hers was in from out of town and, noticing my 1911, asked if I needed a concealed carry permit. It was priceless watching my girlfriend turn and say "It's not concealed."

Post imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:
    Same here!
    Same Here --

DC

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    My jacket goes over the holster as well, but not completely.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I oc when riding.

Post imported post

Seems we got enough guys who ride. Anyone want to do a trip somewhere, have lunch and then ride back?

Post imported post

I almost always carry on my Bike, depending on the weather, its either on my hip (open)or covered by my jacket in a shoulder holster (a more secure holster).
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Post imported post

I ride a Yamaha Zuma (scooter),..I've done the VA tuck once or twice, but usually Im concealing

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Only guys who ride ?

I usually OC on my Goldwing, with the jacket tucked behind, Virginia-tuck style. That or "indifferently concealed". Spouse indifferently conceals on his Yamaha

We'd be up for a lunch ride on a weekend. We OC'd on our bikes to the VCDL picnic in June, and that was a 300-mile round trip.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I always carry on my Ultra Classic.Usually OC weather permitting.

Did 175 miles yesterday.

Started in Woodbridge, through Clifton to Manassas where westopped for lunch at BK at the corner of 28 & Liberia Ave.

Then on to Whitt's where I had one fellow point to my sidearm and ask if it was a 9mm, to which I replied "nope, 45", to which he responded "DAMN :what:".

From there we headed out toHaymarket where we stopped at the Sheetz at55 & 15.

From there we rode through Culpeper and Orangeto Spotsylvania where we stoppedat another friends house to hang out for a whileand then rodeback up 95to Woodbridge.

Post imported post

somthing i always wondered. i m looking into gettinga bike right now. i have been riding a scooter right now because of the gas prices,( my toy does not get good mpg when i take it out to play ). for me cc is not a option due to age what is the number for the law or a link to the law for oc on bike/scooter.

Post imported post

As long as you can lawfully posses a handgun you can OC whether you are walking down the street or riding your scooter or motorcycle.

Written laws only tell you what you may NOT do. If there is no law against it then it is legal.

Post imported post

kg4bhr wrote:
    As long as you can lawfully posses a handgun you can OC whether you are walking down the street or riding your scooter or motorcycle.

Written laws only tell you what you may NOT do. If there is no law against it then it is legal.

yes i can oc. i m over 18 butnot 21. i used to be able to read the law wordfor word, and then i stoped carring for a little bit and am not just gettting back to the board. i just wanted to doulbe quick if there would be a difference between a scooter and a bike

Post imported post

I don't ride anymore wife afraid for me, but I just got back from a Virginia Beach weekend and saw someone there riding a Harley OC'ing on Atlantic Street, was it anyone from this site? It was saturday late afternoon.

Post imported post

mrguppy wrote:
    yes i can oc. i m over 18 butnot 21. i used to be able to read the law wordfor word, and then i stoped carring for a little bit and am not just gettting back to the board. i just wanted to doulbe quick if there would be a difference between a scooter and a bike
    OC is OC. It does not matter if you are on foot, in a car, on a scooter or a motorcycle. The sames laws apply. If you are not sure where you can and cannot carry, ask your dad. I am sure that he will be more than happy to help you out. Good to see you back on the board again. I would caution you that when the weather starts to turn cool nad you start weraing a coat, make sure that you do not unknowingly start to CC.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Only guys who ride ?
    I meant "guys" in a non-gender specific way :P

Post imported post

bradco wrote:
    I don't ride anymore wife afraid for me, but I just got back from a Virginia Beach weekend and saw someone there riding a Harley OC'ing on Atlantic Street, was it anyone from this site? It was saturday late afternoon.
    In the past 90 days, my wife and I have personally seen not one, but two separate fatal motorcycle crashes. - Not come across them after the fact, mind you... but actually been watching while it happened and seen people die right in front of us. :what:

One in Richmond, the other in Virginia Beach. three weeks apart. (It's been a freakie Summer all the way around... not just because of this)

The first one, in Richmond, was through no fault of the cyclist. (the guy in VB was asking for it though, truth-be-told)

That put a screeching halt to my riding and I doubt she'll be OK with it any time soon.

I guess that' s kinda' a hyjack, but it also ties in... After seeing that, I'm less likely to carry (if I ever DO ride again) since I agree with the previous poster about being a complication to any injuries I might get in an incident.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Only guys who ride ?

I usually OC on my Goldwing, with the jacket tucked behind, Virginia-tuck style. That or "indifferently concealed". Spouse indifferently conceals on his Yamaha

We'd be up for a lunch ride on a weekend. We OC'd on our bikes to the VCDL picnic in June, and that was a 300-mile round trip.
    Well, it's not like a Goldwing really qualifies as a motorcycle anyway. It's more like a recliner with wheels.

Post imported post

vtme_grad98 wrote:
    Tess wrote:
    Only guys who ride ?

Well, it's not like a Goldwing really qualifies as a motorcycle anyway. It's more like a recliner with wheels.
    It's a Winnebago on two wheels...or Motorbago

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast