• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motorcycle OC

sccrref

imported post

mrguppy wrote:
yes i can oc. i m over 18 butnot 21. i used to be able to read the law wordfor word, and then i stoped carring for a little bit and am not just gettting back to the board. i just wanted to doulbe quick if there would be a difference between a scooter and a bike
OC is OC. It does not matter if you are on foot, in a car, on a scooter or a motorcycle. The sames laws apply. If you are not sure where you can and cannot carry, ask your dad. I am sure that he will be more than happy to help you out. Good to see you back on the board again. I would caution you that when the weather starts to turn cool nad you start weraing a coat, make sure that you do not unknowingly start to CC.

Fozzy_Bear

imported post

bradco wrote:
I don't ride anymore wife afraid for me, but I just got back from a Virginia Beach weekend and saw someone there riding a Harley OC'ing on Atlantic Street, was it anyone from this site? It was saturday late afternoon.
In the past 90 days, my wife and I have personally seen not one, but two separate fatal motorcycle crashes. - Not come across them after the fact, mind you... but actually been watching while it happened and seen people die right in front of us. :what:

One in Richmond, the other in Virginia Beach. three weeks apart. (It's been a freakie Summer all the way around... not just because of this)

The first one, in Richmond, was through no fault of the cyclist. (the guy in VB was asking for it though, truth-be-told)

That put a screeching halt to my riding and I doubt she'll be OK with it any time soon.

I guess that' s kinda' a hyjack, but it also ties in... After seeing that, I'm less likely to carry (if I ever DO ride again) since I agree with the previous poster about being a complication to any injuries I might get in an incident.

vtme_grad98

imported post

Tess wrote:
Only guys who ride:) ?

I usually OC on my Goldwing, with the jacket tucked behind, Virginia-tuck style. That or "indifferently concealed". Spouse indifferently conceals on his Yamaha

We'd be up for a lunch ride on a weekend. We OC'd on our bikes to the VCDL picnic in June, and that was a 300-mile round trip.
Well, it's not like a Goldwing really qualifies as a motorcycle anyway. It's more like a recliner with wheels. :lol:

vrwmiller

imported post

vtme_grad98 wrote:
Tess wrote:
Only guys who ride:) ?

I usually OC on my Goldwing, with the jacket tucked behind, Virginia-tuck style. That or "indifferently concealed". Spouse indifferently conceals on his Yamaha

We'd be up for a lunch ride on a weekend. We OC'd on our bikes to the VCDL picnic in June, and that was a 300-mile round trip.
Well, it's not like a Goldwing really qualifies as a motorcycle anyway. It's more like a recliner with wheels. :lol:
It's a Winnebago on two wheels...or Motorbago :D

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I beg your pardon .....

The proper term is HONDAbago :lol:

eyesopened

imported post

Fozzy_Bear wrote:
bradco wrote:
I don't ride anymore wife afraid for me, but I just got back from a Virginia Beach weekend and saw someone there riding a Harley OC'ing on Atlantic Street, was it anyone from this site? It was saturday late afternoon.
In the past 90 days, my wife and I have personally seen not one, but two separate fatal motorcycle crashes. - Not come across them after the fact, mind you... but actually been watching while it happened and seen people die right in front of us. :what:

One in Richmond, the other in Virginia Beach. three weeks apart. (It's been a freakie Summer all the way around... not just because of this)

The first one, in Richmond, was through no fault of the cyclist. (the guy in VB was asking for it though, truth-be-told)

That put a screeching halt to my riding and I doubt she'll be OK with it any time soon.

I guess that' s kinda' a hyjack, but it also ties in... After seeing that, I'm less likely to carry (if I ever DO ride again) since I agree with the previous poster about being a complication to any injuries I might get in an incident.

When it's your time to go, then it's your time to go. Won't stop me from riding though, but since I'm single and unmarried I probably have a different outlook at life. I recall an MSF instructor got killed in a deer strike last year. He had tons of riding experience and was decked out in full gear. That didn't stop the deer from running out in front of him and subsequently killing him.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
I recall an MSF instructor got killed in a deer strike last year. He had tons of riding experience and was decked out in full gear. That didn't stop the deer from running out in front of him and subsequently killing him.
We oughta pass a law against deer doing that. The roads would be a lot safer that way:celebrate

Henry Bowman

imported post

bradco wrote:
What color was the bike? Was it blue and was the rider wearing a black leather vest? If so it was probably me. I rode down to VA Beach Sat & Sun to see what was going on. I rode to Sandbridge on Sunday and boy have things changed in 30 years. I ride a Vulcan 900 not a Hog, but there were plenty to see.

sccrref

imported post

Fozzy_Bear wrote:
bradco wrote:

Don't let her read about anyone getting struck and killed by lightning. You will not be able to go out in the rain ever again. I too believe that when it is your time to go you will go. Having said that, I do not go out and act like nothing will kill me. However, I do not cringe in fear of dangerous things in life either. If you stay away from anything that could hurt or kill you, where could you go?

muzz3256

imported post

Ok, I had to chime in on this one.

I just bought a new motorcycle a week ago, 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, and when I told the guys at the firehouse, one of the rookies, said that he would never ride a motorcycle due to the fact that in his 1.5 years of service, he had seen two motorcycle fatalities. I told him this, I have been in emergency services for over 10 years now, I have seen multiple motorcyclist die in crashes, I have seen multiple people die in motor vehicle accidents, I have even seen a college professor hit by a bus going 40mph, and a lady hit by a tractor trailer going 75mph, both while crossing the road. All of these are tragedies, however I still drive a car and I still cross the street, therefore I will still ride a motorcycle. Seeing all of those things did not make me want to stop doing them, but instead made me want to be more focused on how I do them, and how to be more cautious while doing them.

As for OC while riding, I totally plan on it, how ever I just recently sold my 2 pistols to finance a new one, so hopefully real soon I'll be out there doing it. I would love to meet up for a ride one day, sounds like a great idea.

-Muzz

DocDaddy

imported post

I was down at the Va Beach beach front last night where all the sport bikers hang out (the BP on Atlantic Blvd and Laskin Rd)and saw another sport bike rider OC'in. I talked with him for several minutes and I informed him of this site and some of the laws and about the Virginia Gun Rights pamphlet. He said he called the PD and they said said it was alrght to OC, just don't do it court houses, airports, or places that serve alcohol. Yes,I threw up the bullshit flag... whistle... 10 yard penalty... repeat first down! I informed him of that whole OC/CC carrying onto ABC licensed places.

He is in the military and lived overnear the Booker T Washington High Schoolarea (uhhmmm... bad area for those that don't know), and was heldup at gun point about dusk time and he said he basically argued with the guy telling him he was a dumba$$ and opened his wallet and showed him how empty it was and that he didn't carry cash because of people like him, and the guy left. He said in retrospect... might not of been a good idea, but itis just how he is, so now him and his wife carry.

Hopefully another OC.org member soon. Happy carrying!:celebrate

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

muzz3256 wrote:

I just bought a new motorcycle a week ago, 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, and when I told the guys at the firehouse, one of the rookies, said that he would never ride a motorcycle due to the fact that in his 1.5 years of service, he had seen two motorcycle fatalities. I told him this, I have been in emergency services for over 10 years now, I have seen multiple motorcyclist die in crashes, I have seen multiple people die in motor vehicle accidents, I have even seen a college professor hit by a bus going 40mph, and a lady hit by a tractor trailer going 75mph, both while crossing the road. All of these are tragedies, however I still drive a car and I still cross the street, therefore I will still ride a motorcycle. Seeing all of those things did not make me want to stop doing them, but instead made me want to be more focused on how I do them, and how to be more cautious while doing them.

As for OC while riding, I totally plan on it, how ever I just recently sold my 2 pistols to finance a new one, so hopefully real soon I'll be out there doing it. I would love to meet up for a ride one day, sounds like a great idea.

-Muzz
What a beautiful bike!!!!!!!!

We just returned from 200 miles - to the Richmond gun show. Lots of idiots out there today. But we're home safe.

vrwmiller

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:

-Muzz
Nice ride, muzz!

What sort of pistol are you planning to get?

muzz3256

imported post

Springfield XD45, I sold the XD40 and a 1911 to fund half of a new gun, and some of the down payment on the motorcycle. Hopefully with the next paycheck I'll get the new one. Now I just have to decide on full size or compact.

eyesopened

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:
Springfield XD45, I sold the XD40 and a 1911 to fund half of a new gun, and some of the down payment on the motorcycle. Hopefully with the next paycheck I'll get the new one. Now I just have to decide on full size or compact.
Good choice in bikes and pistols. I like the looks of the VN900 Custom, just wished it came with a fatter front tire. Also, you can't go wrong with an XD45 Custom. It's the best of both worlds IMO. 10rd mag for conceal carry or 13rd mag for OC.

Henry Bowman

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:

-Muzz

Hey Muzz, I have the 2008 Blue Classic version and that’s what I rode up to VA Beach on the weekend of Aug 2&3 to the dinner with CCloud and friends. Nice choice and ride safe. 2 months old and over 5000 miles so far...WoooHooo.

Henry Bowman

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
muzz3256 wrote:
Good choice in bikes and pistols. I like the looks of the VN900 Custom, just wished it came with a fatter front tire. Also, you can't go wrong with an XD45 Custom. It's the best of both worlds IMO. 10rd mag for conceal carry or 13rd mag for OC.
Eyesopened, the classic has the fatter front tire. When I bought mine I was also looking at the custom ( looks good ), but the salesman asked me what kind of riding I would be doing. I told him that I wanted to do some long distance riding and he said to get the classic because the smaller front tire on the custom reacts much differently on metal bridges, like the one from Suffolk and roads that are grooved for rain & such. Both are real nice rides !!

sitedzn

imported post

I'll make sure to let the guys know when I'll be coming to another OC dinner on the bike and get them to snap a shot of me & my bike. I have some pics now, but come this weekend she'll look a lot different with the new sheild, spotlights and seat! HURRY UPS GUY!