• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motorcycle OC

vrwmiller

imported post

Rode down to Colonial Beach this weekend via route 17 to route 3. There were lots o' riders out this weekend. Visited multiple places at stops along the way and in Colonial Beach. Stopped in at The Happy Clam in Colonial Beach and OC'd. Not bad food, but somewhat overpriced.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

This is where I got the Can-Am Spyder pictured above with OC Lori sitting on it!

- - - - -

DearFriends of "Open Carry "Ed""

As we rapidly approach the 2009 riding season I would like to offer you a very special rate for the 2009 riding season. We believe with the tighter economy we need to do some small part to let you ride and do some thinking out on the open road without breaking the bank. We are offering 4 different specials but you must act on these before the 30[suP]th[/suP] of December.

1) Purchase a 10 Ride Package and the rate will be $79/day! This is for any of the big V-twin 2009 Harleys that we will have in our fleet. You can use all 10 at once or just 1 at a time or pass one along to another who will ride with you. We will not charge taxes or anything else at this time but will upon your first rental. You also get to call in to reserve your bike instead of going on line and doing the entire reservation form for each rental.

2) Purchase a three day weekend ride (Friday – Monday) and we will let you pick the bike up any time after 3pm on Thursday before your rental and will let you return it as late as 4pm Monday following your rental. The standard rate for a three day 2009 weekend is 130/day. You would pay 110/day. We would charge taxes and other fees only when you came in to pick up your motorcycle.

3) Special Daily Rate…Choose your dates now, before the December cutoff date and your daily rate will be $99/day. If you wanted to rent on April 4[suP]th[/suP], 20[suP]th[/suP], May 18[suP]th[/suP], June 18[suP]th[/suP] and whenever in the ’09 season, your rate would be guaranteed at $99/day but you would have to place the reservation and deposit before the December deadline.

4) We did not forget about our riders that like to go from coast to coast… If you make your reservation now as well, the one way fee (which in 2009 is $750 coast to coast) will be the same as last year at $550.00 and the daily rental rate will be $79/day.

PLEASE NOTE…This is a limited time offer and has one blackout time period of May 18[suP]th[/suP] – 26[suP]th[/suP], 2009 (unless your dates extend before and after that time frame as one continuous rental). After the December 30[suP]th [/suP]deadline, all rental rates will revert to the 2009 riding season rates.

Just mention"ED" from Open Carrywhen you call or write!

rich@eagleriderdc.com

www.eagleriderdc.com

HearseGuy

I hate to be a digger-upper of old threads, but i didn't see the need to make a new one since this one already exists, but just didn't quite answer my question. Plus, there's some great info here for the many new members who might have the same question with spring on the way!!

I may OC on my bike soon, but i don't know how that will go with my thick Joe-Rocket jacket. My question is, ill of course want to keep it with me, but all i have for storage is a smaller tool bag on my front forks. Is it acceptable to stow it there while riding? Is it like a vehicle and is my tool bag is "secured". And also i assume loaded/unloaded is also irrelevant like in a vehicle?

Its getting close to good riding weather. Be great if some of us here from the forum could get together for a ride and lunch or something if there are enough riders on here!

Thanks guys!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I hate to be a digger-upper of old threads, but i didn't see the need to make a new one since this one already exists, but just didn't quite answer my question. Plus, there's some great info here for the many new members who might have the same question with spring on the way!!

I may OC on my bike soon, but i don't know how that will go with my thick Joe-Rocket jacket. My question is, ill of course want to keep it with me, but all i have for storage is a smaller tool bag on my front forks. Is it acceptable to stow it there while riding? Is it like a vehicle and is my tool bag is "secured". And also i assume loaded/unloaded is also irrelevant like in a vehicle?

Its getting close to good riding weather. Be great if some of us here from the forum could get together for a ride and lunch or something if there are enough riders on here!

Thanks guys!

It's not "like a vehicle". It is a vehicle. The code doesn't specify the type of vehicle; it says "motor vehicle" (§ 18.2-308 para B.10).

I don't have a Joe Rocket. I tuck my motorcycle jacket down behind my sidearm in the "Virginia Tuck".

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's not "like a vehicle". It is a vehicle. The code doesn't specify the type of vehicle; it says "motor vehicle" (§ 18.2-308 para B.10).

I don't have a Joe Rocket. I tuck my motorcycle jacket down behind my sidearm in the "Virginia Tuck".

I do too but I also keep one in the tank bag which is an acceptable ...ain't got no CHP...place:lol:

Last edited:

HearseGuy

So basically, having my fire arm in a tank bag, fork bag, saddle bag etc. Is perfectly acceptable without a CHP?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So basically, having my fire arm in a tank bag, fork bag, saddle bag etc. Is perfectly acceptable without a CHP?

As long as it has some sort of cover or lid...yes!
That's my opinion though.

Look at the court of appeals decision posted on this site as well as Cuccinelli's AG Opinion.

Walt_Kowalski

Me OC on my Ducati.

OC_On_bike.jpg