• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone here seen, own, or have an opinion on the new Ruger LCP?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I'm not sure those clips would work for very long.

I've had them on knives and when they are clipped inside or outside a pocket when I sit down, eventually the "leverage" of that movement puts pressure on the clip forcing it to spread apart and bend the clip outward, ruining it since it's too loose after that to hold anymore.

I'd suspect that a gun, even if probably worn on the outside (OC) but still clipped to a pocket, belt or waistband, would also suffer from this and become useless...more of a hook than a clip and the gun could fall off at any time.

In short, I didn't find clips useful for my knives, being a very INsecure way to carry them, so I removed said clips after they bent outward and threw them away.

IMO, clips were not a good design idea.

-- John D.

hp-hobo

imported post

Statesman wrote:
hp-hobo wrote:
Statesman wrote:
hp-hobo,

Where did you get the clip and the grip addition from?

The pocket clip is for a Kel-Tec P3AT that I picked up on eBay for almost nothing. The holster is a DeSantis Trickster that I won in a Saturday Night Special postal shooting match (no that doesn't mean shooting postal workers with SNS's).

On a side note, it's a shame to see this thread degraded by the immature and argumentive actions of one person. If you have nothing useful to add to the thread, how about just shoving off. People like you are poster children for the anti's to use against us. :banghead:

Actually, I wanted to know where you got the grip thingy also.
I'm sorry. The grip is a Hogue Jr. I think that also came from eBay or possible my friendly local gun shop. Either way, they're readily available for $8-$10. Just trim to fit.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

ballydoctor wrote:
I have a question for anyone that carrys.

Do you always have one in the pipe or do you wait till the time you would have to use it and then cock it?
Off topic, there are plenty of threads about this already.

67GT390FB

imported post

ballydoctor wrote:
was just a question always a chief among the indians

Won't argue about Kel-techs Full replacement no questions asked warranty, as i have seen it in action in real life. Guy buys P3at at gun show takes it to range loads with WWB or American Eagle .380 ball, 2nd shot ever down the barrel KABOOM, bottom of barrel disentegrates,frame bulges, minor cuts to shooters hand. Man takes back to dealer dealer calls Kel-Tech while i'm there Kel-tech says no problem we'll send you another one. HMMMMMM......dealer and I both had the same questions, 1. why didn't Kel-tech rep have any concern over their product going KABOOM? 2. Why was Kel-Tech rep not suprised?3. Why did Kel-tech rep not need destroyed firearm back to find out what went wrong?

Hey you're right Keltech instantly replaced the mans firearm so good customer service on that front. Me though i'll steer clear of Kel-tech products based on firsthand experience.

hp-hobo

imported post

Do you have any purpose on this foum other than to trash talk LCP's and Ruger. A quick check of all of your posts (12 currently) shows that that's all you've contributed to this forum... Along with attempting tomarginalize anyone who doesn't agree with you. For every person who has had trouble with an LCP, I can show you about 10 who think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm married to one of them.

Do you have any proof that a tech at Ruger said there was a know problem with this gun, or is this simply more of your unsubstantiated bloviating? The question is rhetorical, because we already know the answer.

If my opinion counts for anything, and I'm sure it'sat leastas important as yours, might I suggest changing your name from "ballydoctor" to "bellyacher"?It would certainly be more fitting.

hp-hobo

imported post

ballydoctor wrote:
WELL CALL THE MAN HE WILL TELL YOU. FIRST ASK FOR SUSAN SHE IS THE SUPERVISOR AND THEN SHE WILL CONNECT YOU TO RICH. AND I HAVE ALSO TALK TO THE CEO MRFIFER. I CAN BACK UP MY MOUTH

This may come as shocking news to an obviously intelligent individual as yourself, but I seriously doubt Susan, Rich or Mr Fifer will be around to answer the phone at 10 pm. But I digress.

As you're so full of "information", why haven'y you supplied the toll free number? You wouldn't have anything to hide, would you?

ballydoctor

imported post

ALL MY THREADS HAVE JUST BEEN REMOVED. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR RUGER LCP CONTACTHP-HOBO ON HEREAND HE WILL HANDLE IT. HE KNOWS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS PRODUCT

357luvr

imported post

Ok first off, I really hope that this doesn't bring back mr. bellyacher or whatever his name is/was. I don't know his exact opinion since he's deleted most of his posts but from the quotes I've seen, I don't want his opinion.

Now, a friend of mine's wife is getting her CHP :)celebrateYAAAAAAY:celebrate) She's actually carried her current gun (Ruger P-series in 9mm) in her purse a couple times against my lengthy and serious advice and have decided that she wants something much much smaller. She also likes the idea of a 380. This is someone who will gladly carry a 22lr but likes the idea of having just a little more power. Basically she's looking for a small caliber and an even smaller framed handgun. I don't know how she would feel about a revolver. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Statesman

imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
ballydoctor wrote:
was just a question always a chief among the indians

Won't argue about Kel-techs Full replacement no questions asked warranty, as i have seen it in action in real life. Guy buys P3at at gun show takes it to range loads with WWB or American Eagle .380 ball, 2nd shot ever down the barrel KABOOM, bottom of barrel disentegrates,frame bulges, minor cuts to shooters hand. Man takes back to dealer dealer calls Kel-Tech while i'm there Kel-tech says no problem we'll send you another one. HMMMMMM......dealer and I both had the same questions, 1. why didn't Kel-tech rep have any concern over their product going KABOOM? 2. Why was Kel-Tech rep not suprised?3. Why did Kel-tech rep not need destroyed firearm back to find out what went wrong?

Hey you're right Keltech instantly replaced the mans firearm so good customer service on that front. Me though i'll steer clear of Kel-tech products based on firsthand experience.
In contrast, my dealer mailed the Ruger LCP back for repair, per their policy. Perhaps Ruger, unlike Kel-Tec (from the sound of CS), is interested in what went wrong?

I would have appreciated a replacement option, though.

ballydoctor

imported post

Statesman I am not here to knock any company. I was just trying to make a comment about good customer service. Ruger knew about this ammo problem since March and thats when they should of had people send there guns in to bore out the barrel or whatever. Myself I would not want the option of boring out the barrel becuase it is new and never fired, why would I want that. But anyways everyone good luck on your new Ruger LCP 380 and enjoy

Statesman

imported post

ballydoctor wrote:
Statesman I am not here to knock any company. I was just trying to make a comment about good customer service. Ruger knew about this ammo problem since March and thats when they should of had people send there guns in to bore out the barrel or whatever. Myself I would not want the option of boring out the barrel becuase it is new and never fired, why would I want that. But anyways everyone good luck on your new Ruger LCP 380 and enjoy
Good customer service is subject to interpretation, and there are many variables involved. It's difficult to try to determine what's going on inside any given company, so customers are generally left to figure things out on their own. Frankly, I'm upset at the long repair wait time, although I do understand they are under a long backlog with the SR9 recalls.

What ammo problem do you speak of? Is this problem reproducable? I have not specifically heard of this.