Thread: Spotted a Unicorn!

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

So I'm camping with my Geocaching group in Spokane, and realize.... OMG... no one brought any Scotch! So I get out the GPS and search for the closest Liquor store. It routes me to this store downtown (There had to be an easier one to go to), and just as I'm pulling into the Parking lot, I see someone coming out of the store openly carrying a gun on his hip. Unfortunatly I was not fast enough to flag them down and say hi! There was a second person nearby walking in the same direction with a Fanny pack that just screamed gun.

So, not to be unsociable, I go in and buy my Scotch and a bottle of rum openly carrying my XD45. I do have to say... the attitude to open carry is a lot different on this side of the state!

Post imported post

That is awesome!

Post imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    There was a second person nearby walking in the same direction¬* with a Fanny pack that just screamed gun.

LOL

I get a huge kick asking off duty police officers (they have 'the look', if you know what I mean) what they have, when pointing to their bulging fanny pack.. The usual answer is 'stuff' or 'things' or some dismissive answer, then ask them 'no, I mean , what caliber?'... Then they start checking the zippers and whatnot to see if it's open....

It 'backfired' on me one time though, as I had just got done some training and then went to work, one of my first customers asked ME what I shoot, heh, apparently my hand fell into a relaxed 'natural' shooting grip, bottom three fingers slightly curled with index finger extended.. HAH! We went over 'clues' to indicate someone was carrying, and it was actually quite informative... All on company time

Working retail gives you those little opportunities...
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

Yeah, TW, I've noticed myself going into that 'natural' hand position when walking and I'm CC'ing.

Thing is, I highly doubt anyone but another shooter would really notice.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Wait, you can carry in a liquor store? o_O

State Researcher

Post imported post

Dr. Fresh wrote:
    Yeah. It is not fully off limits to a person under 21, as minors are allowed with parents present.

Post imported post

I wonder how tuned in BGs are to those little signals.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I don't think they're really "tuned in" to CCers. They're busy looking for obvious signs of LE: Short haircut, clean shave or conservative mustache, physically fit, confident posture, alert eyes, absence of visible tattoos/piercings, etc. The majority of LE jobs require you to cultivate an authoritative presence out of necessity. It's hard to completely shut that down when you're off duty.

Post imported post

3/325 wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    I don't think they're really "tuned in" to CCers. They're busy looking for obvious signs of LE: Short haircut, clean shave or conservative mustache, physically fit, confident posture, alert eyes, absence of visible tattoos/piercings, etc. The majority of LE jobs require you to cultivate an authoritative presence out of necessity. It's hard to completely shut that down when you're off duty.
    Hrm... this could by why I overhear people say "maybe he's a cop" every so often around me. I keep my hair conservative and I've had a lot of martial arts training (not that my physical fitness is up to par), but that also gives a person alert eyes and confidence that usually says "I'm paying attention, don't try anything."
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

3/325 wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    I don't think they're really "tuned in" to CCers. They're busy looking for obvious signs of LE: ... physically fit.... alert eyes ... .
    Really? Where the hell do you live?

:P

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    3/325 wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    I don't think they're really "tuned in" to CCers. They're busy looking for obvious signs of LE: ... physically fit.... alert eyes ... .
    Really? Where the hell do you live?

:P

He lives out in the stick across Puget Sound from Seattle, but not quite out so far asme. Hell, even I know on sight half the bad guys in the county. I know for a fact the bgs are stupid. The local Shelton drug cop has busted about 50 of them multiple times and they will still do undercover buys with him.

Post imported post

Now THAT's funny. We really should do away with some laws and let Darwin do his magic.

Post imported post

Jim675 wrote:
    Now THAT's funny. We really should do away with some laws and let Darwin do his magic.
    I always like the one that says;

"Left to it's own devices, stupidity is self correcting."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    SNIP So I get out the GPS and search for the closest Liquor store.
    There is just something about needing a GPS to find the liquor store that cracks me up.

As in, "If you need a GPS to find the liquor store, you don't need any liquor."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    Yeah. It is not fully off limits to a person under 21, as minors are allowed with parents present.
    What?!?!? I've been disarming before going into the liquor store. Had no idea we could carry there.

Are there any case rulings on this or just interpretation of the RCW's?
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

kenshin wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    Dr. Fresh wrote:
    What?!?!? I've been disarming before going into the liquor store. Had no idea we could carry there.

Are there any case rulings on this or just interpretation of the RCW's?
    I have not seen any case ruling on it but because they allow minors into the liquor store it can not possibly be off limits to person under 21.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40