• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another VT shooting incident

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Roanoke Times:
Employee shot himself at Va. Tech, officials say

A Virginia Tech employee shot himself in a room off the Cassell Coliseum arena on Saturday afternoon, officials said.

Tech police responded to the incident at 2:15 p.m., and the man was flown to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, police Chief Wendell Flinchum said.

Officials declined to identify the man, and his condition is unknown.

Although officials said the shooting posed no threat to the campus community, Flinchum said police notified the public by e-mail using part of an alert system put in place after the April 16, 2007, shootings.

-- Tonia Moxley

nova

imported post

dougwg wrote:
But But but but but....it's a gun free zone!?!?!?:uhoh:
So was NIU, Omaha, Columbine, etc. :what:

IanB

imported post

Is that employee gonna be fired for ignoring the criminalprotection zone signs/policies?

sccrref

imported post

This did not happen.There are signs, rules and policies forbidding this. Therefore, it did not happen. This is just a media ploy by the ultra conservative antigun control fanatics to smear the message of the gun control liberals.:banghead::banghead:I guess that the liberals still do not get it that signs do not work. At least he only shot himself.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sccrref wrote:
This did not happen.There are signs, rules and policies forbidding this. Therefore, it did not happen. This is just a media ploy by the ultra conservative antigun control fanatics to smear the message of the gun control liberals.:banghead::banghead:I guess that the liberals still do not get it that signs do not work. At least he only shot himself.
+1