• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Errors This Afternoon

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I just wanted to update everyone.

Starting sometime early this afternoon, the site was experiencing an error which prevented anyone from viewing threads.

I was away from home and only discovered the issue when I returned about 30 minutes ago.

An initial attempt to repair the crashed table failed but I believe I have now corrected the issue.

Thanks to everyone who emailed or PMed me and thanks to everyone for being patient.

John

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Thanks for taking time out of your Sunday to deal with this. It is greatly appreciated.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

+1, thank you indeed. I hope you still enjoy your "hobby site" here as much as the thousands who have been inspired by it.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for getting it fixed, John. I'm sure the SQL problems are every bit as frustrating for you and Mike as they are for the membership.