• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great day in Puyallup

DEROS72

imported post

I just wanted to say thanks to all.I mean that in the context that I was blessed to meet some wonderful folks standing together united in a goal.The protection of our freedoms.As I looked and talked with you folks today It made me really proud to be an American again as I saw in your faces the true sprit of this country .The younger generation that carry on the true meaning of our constitution .It honors me to know all of you and I look forward to future events.As a side note you may know I am an artist and I did this following illustration for guys like jarhead who I have shared experiences with although 37 years apart ,to honor the service of our Marines and other sevices.We must continue on with all dispatch ,not to carry guns just to show we can but to protect our right to before we loose it and others.Anything I can do to help accomplish this end I will be at your service.

Jarhead if you see this you have a print coming next time I see you..ITs entitled "Hell house US MArines in Fallujah"Also you might find this link interesting.http://burtb71.photos.military.com/gallery/2332950

DEROS72

imported post

P.S. Anyway someone could post here any of the pics from today.It might be a good idea to send to the LEOS website as well as news orginizations with an upbeat caption.I used to do promotions for the NFL so if I can help put together a media package let me know.Could help shed a positive light on OC.Would love some input on this concept.

just_a_car

imported post

Glad to finally see ya in person. Wish we'd had a grill there, but such is life.

I just love how diverse our meets are. It makes me feel that much better about being a part of this movement and upholding the rights of myself and of every free American citizen.

DEROS72

imported post

It was good to meet you as well.I agree a grill would be nice .I would be happy to assist in orginizing a fuction.I saw on a Virginia thread where they had a couple of grilles going everyone new what to bring etc.and they had a huge turnout .So much so they had the local media there with film at 11:00..They did a very positive report as well.How would that look when you have Americans uniting from all backgrounds to protect a mostbasic freedom.What if we could bring together maybe folks from Idaho Oregon and Wa.for a big BB-Q ,that would rock.Get more exposure to the issue.The diversity of folks is paramount, an issue we can all get behind ,and have a good time doing it.There are people here I strongly disagree with on some issues ,but in this we are all on the same team.

just_a_car

imported post

Actually, last month in Poulsbo, we had around 30 people, a big grill and a great time with good people. The only thing missing was a media outlet to "show off" the law-abiding, responsible, diverse people OC'ing.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Actually, that was Port Orchard, and I will have my grill again at the Mason County meet on Aug 31.

Sorry I was unable to bring it today, but I was occupied with personal business. Gunshow, Yeah, I know, I am a wheel gun person flame away, but I picked up a Sig 245, with 4 mags

Trigger Dr

imported post

Actually, that was Port Orchard, and I will have my grill again at the Mason County meet on Aug 31.

Sorry I was unable to bring it today, but I was occupied with personal business. Gunshow, Yeah, I know, I am a wheel gun person flame away, but I picked up a Sig 245, with 4 mags

DEROS72

imported post

That is super.In the park today I noticed as well as others the moms at the playground immediatley get on their cells.Within a short time there were police cruising around .Imagine their surprise when they drove off,no swat etc.It would be cool to have media at events like these to illustrate the point you made.In fact those moms and their kids at the play ground for those couple of hours have never been safer.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Actually, last month in Poulsbo, we had around 30 people, a big grill and a great time with good people. The only thing missing was a media outlet to "show off" the law-abiding, responsible, diverse people OC'ing.

We need more minorities... Otherwise we just look like a bunch of crazy white guys...

heh.

DEROS72

imported post

I agree in a sense.Thats why it was so cool to meet Alwayspackin and his family.Now think about his perspective walking in somewhere. Oh my god a black dude with a gun. I have had that oh great a freakin redneck with a gun look..But all of us together we look like average joe blow Americans taking a stand for a basic right accorded to ALL of us.Another reason why I think it is always important todeport ourselves to the highest standards.Even though it is a basic right to all of us ,it is also a great responsibility .

just_a_car

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
We need more minorities... Otherwise we just look like a bunch of crazy white guys...

heh.
Trust me, growing up from birth to 12 years old in South Park, South Seattle (down the hill and across the river from Georgetown), I appreciate what's it's like to be a minority... as a white male, I was one. I love seeing what others consider a minority (non-caucasians, women, etc) OC'ing and supporting the second amendment, because it destroys the anti's argument that the pro-gun movement is only chauvinistic white males.

Bobarino

imported post

thanks to all who made it and it was wonderful to shake all of your hands. i wish we could have stayed longer but, well, when you only get one day off a week, it has to be split between chores and fun.

i'm very relieved that the PPD didn't cause a stir and a few people were receptive and inquisitive about OC. the people there were excellent representatives of OC.

thanks all, for coming and welcoming me as a newbie and for furthering the cause in a manner befitting the Constitution.

again, it was great to meet you all. thanks!

Bobby

DEROS72

imported post

Absolutley Bobbie It was a pleasure.It was cool to see PPD stop and look and then drive away.....

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My wife and I were looking forward to this meeting for a long time, and it was good to be able to meet everyone. My wife likes the group, and is all for OC. Everyone I talked to was very kind to usl. Ihope to see all you again, andI am do my part in getting the word out there, but no one ever says a word to me when I OC, I don't think i look too intimidating to approach with a gun do I? :D

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My wife and I were looking forward to this meeting for a long time, and it was good to be able to meet everyone. My wife likes the group, and is all for OC. Everyone I talked to was very kind to usl. Ihope to see all you again, andI am do my part in getting the word out there, but no one ever says a word to me when I OC, I don't think i look too intimidating to approach with a gun do I? :D

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yes we do need more minorities in this movements. When I OC around other black I really like for them to see me with a pistol, because for one thatshows that I could be a good law abiding citizen. 2nd I really would for for them to come to talk me, but they may think i am some kind of LEO, so they never ask me anything, not sure why

DEROS72

imported post

It was sure good to have you there Jermain(I hope I get thet right)Your family is great and I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys at future events.I think we all made a little dent in trying to protect our rights to protect ourselves.Your presence was very welcome. I get down to your area from time to time we'll get together for coffee or something.........

Bear 45/70

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

heh.
I feel that the more women we get to attend these events the better.The sub group of wives and mothers are better PR for the public to digest than anythingus lowlyguys can do.