Thread: Thanks, y'all

Post imported post

I've been browsing here for quite a while, just started making a few posts. For years, I've CC'd subject to legal and employment restrictions, but haven't felt like being a trailblazer with OC. However, I think you folks are doing a very important thing for all of our rights -- especially for the next generation. So I want to say thanks.

Open carry has got to give leaders of the anti-gun movement conniptions. Not because they really believe there is any danger. It's because they can't stand for impressionable young (and not so young) people to routinely see law-abiding folks with guns going about their every-day business. First, it starts to give those impressionable people the idea that maybe guns and gun owners aren't necessarily bad. Second, it makes them think that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea for them to get a firearem or two, themselves. It's enough to ruin the whole day for a dedicated anti-gunner.

So even though I'm not ready OC, I want to thank you folks. You're doing a real good thing for all of us.

Post imported post

It's posts like this that strengthen my resolve to continue to be a part of this movement and proud to have joined this group of people.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Indeed!

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO! It takes time to be ready to OC. I was a member here for a while, mostly lurking, reading and reading to build up the courage to OC my first time in KY. It took me many more months to build up the knowledge base and comfort level to OC in MO (I live in a CC only city so don't OC every day). Even now I sometimes get a little nervous when I see LEOs nearby waiting for one of those bad confrontations I have read about running through all the things I have learned on OCDO and personal study about my rights, about state law, local law, etc.

However, even though inside I may be churning a bit from time to time, my fiancee commented this weekend that she thinks I don't get looks or have problems because I just look so natural carrying. She said that she thinks people assume I'm supposed to have a sidearm because I look and act like I am supposed to have it so the public doesn't alert or alarm. I hope I look half as calm, confident and natural about it as she thinks.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay. If you take the time, you will learn a lot from the good people of this forum. I know I have and still do.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

155gr wrote:

Open carry has got to give leaders of the anti-gun movement conniptions. Not because they really believe there is any danger. It's because they can't stand for impressionable young (and not so young) people to routinely see law-abiding folks with guns going about their every-day business. First, it starts to give those impressionable people the idea that maybe guns and gun owners aren't necessarily bad. Second, it makes them think that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea for them to get a firearem or two, themselves. It's enough to ruin the whole day for a dedicated anti-gunner.

You really must go to the Idaho forum and read up on the open carry day at Zoo Boise. In it is a television news report of said event including the comments of one blonde anti-gunner. Betcha luvvit!

MD