Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: OC to the Udvar-Hazy Center

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Do they have a "no firearms" rule? Or is there any other reason why I shouldn't be able to OC at the Udvar-Hazy center?

    Specifically I am considering going to the IMAX theater.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hampton, Va, ,
    Posts
    623

    Post imported post

    I gooled it. I do not think it is advisable to open carry or conceal carry.

    Why not?

    1. U.S. Govt museum.

    2. Federal property.

    3. It is an annex of theNational Air and Space Museum.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    mobeewan wrote:
    I gooled it. I do not think it is advisable to open carry or conceal carry.

    Why not?

    1. U.S. Govt museum.

    2. Federal property.

    3. It is an annex of theNational Air and Space Museum.
    lol.. all three of those are the same reason... it's Federal Property
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    There is no "law" against it AFAIK. At most, the directory of the Smithsonian can create whatever "law" he wants at the Smithsonian. Banning firearms is one and doing so is a felony.

  5. #5
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    FYI,

    If you bring a gun to the center you will be arrested, taken to a D.C. jail, and processed through the D.C. Court ofGeneral Sessions.

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=54

    Search is your friend, folks.



  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    FYI,

    If you bring a gun to the center you will be arrested, taken to a D.C. jail, and processed through the D.C. Court ofGeneral Sessions.

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=54

    Search is your friend, folks.

    And the solution is, everyone needs to start writing Webb about this issue because that is the only way it will change. Our other senator doesn't care so don't waste your ink.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisa County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    821

    Post imported post

    hsmith wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    FYI,

    If you bring a gun to the center you will be arrested, taken to a D.C. jail, and processed through the D.C. Court ofGeneral Sessions.

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=54

    Search is your friend, folks.

    And the solution is, everyone needs to start writing Webb about this issue because that is the only way it will change. Our other senator doesn't care so don't waste your ink.
    Telling them why the will lose votes is NEVER a waste of ink.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    FYI,

    If you bring a gun to the center you will be arrested, taken to a D.C. jail, and processed through the D.C. Court of¬*General Sessions.

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...88&forum_id=54

    Search is your friend, folks.

    ¬*
    Thanks, that thread is informative. It's much clearer than the first few posts made it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hampton, Va, ,
    Posts
    623

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    mobeewan wrote:
    I gooled it. I do not think it is advisable to open carry or conceal carry.

    Why not?

    1. U.S. Govt museum.

    2. Federal property.

    3. It is an annex of theNational Air and Space Museum.
    lol.. all three of those are the same reason... it's Federal Property
    Exactly my point. DANGER, DANGERWill Robinson.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    Glock27Bill wrote:
    Telling them why the will lose votes is NEVER a waste of ink.
    It is when they aren't running again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •