• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Go Buy a Hot Dog From This Guy

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I sense a bit of anarchist in your response. We still have areas where simply wearing a pistol is cause for major heartburn 'n you're goin' on for the whole carte blanche enchalada... for all. I dunno... OC has only been OK in VA since'05 ifI remember right. I've been doin' it off 'n on for the past 42 years... so I'm rather comfortable with the Arizona situation. Some folks glassesare never full... It's not MY SCOTUS... and there's been worse. Heller only passed by 3-2... but it passed. I kind'a doubt you've traveled much... or have had military service and experience with military weapons... much less combat. Just 'cause Scalia's opinion (or mine) doesn't match your own... don't mean it's 'fallacious'.Some folks are never satisfied... but that's the breaks. Bye!

rodbender

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I sense a bit of anarchist in your response. We still have areas where simply wearing a pistol is cause for major heartburn 'n you're goin' on for the whole carte blanche enchalada... for all. I dunno... OC has only been OK in VA since'05 ifI remember right. I've been doin' it off 'n on for the past 42 years... so I'm rather comfortable with the Arizona situation. Some folks glassesare never full... It's not MY SCOTUS... and there's been worse. Heller only passed by 3-2... but it passed. I kind'a doubt you've traveled much... or have had military service and experience with military weapons... much less combat. Just 'cause Scalia's opinion (or mine) doesn't match your own... don't mean it's 'fallacious'.Some folks are never satisfied... but that's the breaks. Bye!
I'm not sure if you were talking to me or marshaul. I assume marshaul. I can't see any thing in my post that would make anyone think that I am an anarchist. I'm certainly not. Although I do believe that machine guns should be treated as "bearable arms" which they certainly are.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Wasn't directed at you. Yeah... MG's (some) are bearable arms. Restricted since 1936 due to criminaluse of (mainly) Thompson SMG's. It's this criminality that has since prevented John Q. from owning them w/o jumping thru hoops.

rodbender

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
'Wasn't directed at you. Yeah... MG's (some) are bearable arms. Restricted since 1936 due to criminaluse of (mainly) Thompson SMG's. It's this criminality that has since prevented John Q. from owning them w/o jumping thru hoops.
Yes, and according to this SCOTUS, we may see a lifting ofsaid banif this SCOTUS can get a case. Oh, wouldn't that be nice.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'All instruments that constitute bearable arms..." Yeah... That's a pretty broad brush. Too bad some would degenegrate it... ignore it completely or be otherwise unappreciative. 'S'pose that comes with comprehension of what it says. 'Soon as I read it the first time...I had to read it again to make sure I wasn't seein' things.

That Constitutional opinion never made it to the MSM... or went in the tank. Most of these recent changes to 'carry' never make it to the MSM either... 'cept when it's in one of the 'Network' HQ areas. Even then (like VA's OC ruling) wasn't reported by WTOP et al. Very few knew of it... including VA cops.

I copied the whole thing and sent it to Mayor Fenty (D-DC) 'bout a half hour after the Heller decision... when he said semi-auto's were still banned... and otherwise made excuses for his SOSDD BS! I guess the DC gummint only recognizes some' civil rights? Y'know... the one's they agree with?

There's a reason why AZ has no 'blade length' restrictions on knives carried openly. Arms! I'm about to go to Tombstone again for Helldorado this comin' Oct 17-19. Yow... all sorts of loaded hardware carried around down there for those events. (There's several of 'em each year.)I just carry an SAA .45LC... and an Arkansas toothpick with a 13" blade. 'Looks like a short sword. 'Stuff like that was carried inthe 1880's. It'd give some of these Sheriff's in PA... LA 'n such an apoplectic fit. 'Couple hundred folks heeled to the teeth 'n loaded.... women 'n kids everywhere. Nobody get's excited.... or 'skeered'. We leave the guns at the smoke shop on Allen St. or check 'em atSix Gun Citywhen drinkin'. In VA ya don't have to do that... but it's not a big inconvienience. The tourists from back east (and Europe) freak out when they learn all these guns are REAL... but then they get used to it.

rodbender

imported post

I, too, had to reread it, a couple of times. As far as the MSM, I'm with one of the guys on 144 Patriot on Sirius. Either Mike Church or Andrew Wilkow calls them the LBM (Liberal Broadcast Media), which is a much better description. About the only things that we are restricted on in Texas is OC and the long blades. We can own MGs as long as we get permission from Uncle Sam, of course. SUCKS!!

A guy on an AR15 site was asking about 15 round mags (max in NJ)because they normally are 10-20-30 because he lives in NJ. I told him to move and buy 30s.

I couldn't live that restricted. It's pretty hard living with no OC now that I've gotten involved in the push to bring it back to Texas. I love Texas and don't want to move, but I may if this looks like it's going to be years in the making. I'll be headed your way if I do.

Spentabout a monthin Phoenix back in '94 while doing some hiring for a company that bought another one based there. I loved seeing the few that I did OCing. I wanted to so bad, but was not certain if I could not being a resident and having Texas plates. I drove out so I brought my trusty S&W 459 with me. Carried it in the car everywhere,but nowhere else. Probably breaking the law, but never got caught. I knew I was when I went to L.A. to open a new terminal and San Diego to hire some guys there, but didn't really care.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

You can OC here with plates from Venus.... 'Don't matter where you're from. No 'permits' 'n that sort'a crap required. Only thing is when ya CC... then you'll need a CWP... which is pretty easy to obtain if not otherwise prohibited... (felon or somethin'.) 'Been doin' it for 42 years hereoff 'n on... (the off was livin' in MD) Never do that again... I don't even want'a go visit.

No hurricanes, no majorfloods, no tornadoes... little snow herein the south... hot as hell... but ya get used to it.Stay outta the cities 'n it's like goin' back a hundred years... almost. Even pavement is... scarce out here. 'First road sign I see (on the paved road) is: "Open Range". I was born a cowboy... Yeeehaa!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I sense a bit of anarchist in your response.  We still have areas where simply wearing a pistol is cause for major heartburn 'n you're goin' on for the whole carte blanche enchalada... for all.  I dunno... OC has only been OK in VA since '05 if I remember right.  I've been doin' it off 'n on for the past 42 years... so I'm rather comfortable with the Arizona situation.  Some folks glasses are never full... It's not MY SCOTUS... and there's been worse.  Heller only passed by 3-2... but it passed. I kind'a doubt you've traveled much... or have had military service and experience with military weapons... much less combat.  Just 'cause Scalia's opinion (or mine) doesn't match your own... don't mean it's 'fallacious'. Some folks are never satisfied... but that's the breaks.  Bye!

I'm not really sure what your point is (my duty as a citizen is to remain critical, not jump for glee at the scraps I'm handed), but I do wonder where you get the idea that I'm not well-travelled. And what does military service have to do with anything? Always the same old red-herring with you guys.