• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATM customer with a carry permit takes down robber in KC.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Not that it's not that important, but the $300 max from ATMs went away a long time ago. I know that I can withdraw as much as $1200 at any one time (maybe more, I haven't checked in a while). I'm at Bank of America, too.

What I know is that as the story reads, the shooter is absolutely within the law, and within the accepted use of deadly force, even with the criminal walking away. HE was the one who made the decision to risk his life for however much money he got, not the victim. Once he turned back to face the victim with a gun still in his hand, he became fair game, in the eyes of the law, and in my eyes.

What I don't know is what I would have done in his place. Justified or not, it's a hell of a thing to kill a man. I suppose it would depend entirely on what I was feeling at that moment. If still felt threatened, I might do what he did. If I felt something else, I think I would probably just get the hell out of there. That would probably have been the safest course of action, especially since his wife was in the car.

Of course if it was me, and MY wife was with me, there's every possibility that while he was concentrating me and trying to get me to withdraw all my money to give him, that she would draw HER weapon and shoot him herself.