View Poll Results: Do you have a CC permit and if so how often do you use it.

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a CC permit/license and use it frequently because state/local law requires CC.

38 17.92%
  • I have a CC permit/license and use it frequently/always because I prefer to CC.

74 34.91%
  • I have a CC permit/license and use it infrequently because I prefer to and can OC.

77 36.32%
  • I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot obtain one due to my age.

5 2.36%
  • I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot afford to obtain one at this time.

5 2.36%
  • I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot obtain one for other reasons (VT/AK residents see below).

3 1.42%
  • I do not have a CC permit/license, although I could obtain one, because of personal beliefs, objections or concerns about the permitting process, CC databases or other non-financial/age related reasons.

8 3.77%
  • I live in VT/AK where no permit required and CC frequently.

2 0.94%
  • I live in VT/AK where no permit required and rarely/never CC.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a CC permit and if so, do you use it?

Post imported post

I know we have had polls before on whether or not members have CC permits and that the last one indicated that about 75% of members have a CC permit/license. Some recent posts indicate that some people may think that the members of this forum only OC or that because we are members here have an objection to CC. If there are a few comments about this, given the large number of visitors we get, I would guess that there are many who do not comment who also have this impression. My experience on the forum is that most of us support either CC or OC as most of us just generally support the RKBA and most of us CC on at least some occasions as appropriate to the situation.

I tried to break the poll down to get a pretty good snapshot of the membership as the info may be valuable at a future date. AK and VT posed a problem being that VT requires no CC license to CC and offers no CC license, and AK while also not requiring a license to CC, does offer one for the benefit of those traveling outside the state. I thought of different ways to address this and hope my final solution is satisfactory. As with anything, this poll is not perfect. It is already long and to draw other distinctions would have made it longer still. I tried to cover most of the positions and opinions I have seen on the forum during my tenure here.

IF YOU LIVE IN VT OR AK and have a resident/non-resident CC permit/license, please choose the appropriate "I have a CC permit and" category. The bottom two "I live in VT/AK" categories are exclusively for those who live in those states and do not have any CC permit/license from any state.

ETA: For clarification:
    If you live in a state that requires CC to OC (which I left out of the poll - DOH) please vote in the appropriate "I have a CC" category.

If you have a CC and are forced to CC primarily for any reason (besides personal preference) that was intended to be under the first choice even if it is policies rather than laws that force you to CC:
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Note that in some states (e.g. MN) a permit to carry is what's issued and you can't OC or CC without a permit. So you'd need a new option for us: 'I have a permit because it's required by law for CC or OC, but prefer to OC' or something like that.

Post imported post

I OC my primary but CC my BUG....

Post imported post

ree wrote:
    Note that in some states (e.g. MN) a permit to carry is what's issued and you can't OC or CC without a permit. So you'd need a new option for us: 'I have a permit because it's required by law for CC or OC, but prefer to OC' or something like that.
    Darnit. I did miss that point when making the poll. Just whiffed on that point.

ETA: I would suggest that the closest voting choice to that situation is the 3rd choice - Have CC permit but prefer to OC.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

i use my CC because I OC and CC at the same time, when I can't OC I CC

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I chose CC frequently, but the poll choices can be misleading. I don't CC frequently because I prefer it, I do it because I'm frequently in places that do not allow OC, and simply "not being there" is not an option.

Banned

Post imported post

ree wrote:
    That's exactly my case. I havea permit to carry.OC is technically not illegal, but is arrestable (state police make their own laws here). Although I wouldn't OC even it was allowed. I just prefer CC.

Post imported post

bobernet wrote:
    I chose CC frequently, but the poll choices can be misleading. I don't CC frequently because I prefer it, I do it because I'm frequently in places that do not allow OC, and simply "not being there" is not an option.
    In a case where OC is not allowed by some rule or law but you can CC, please vote state/local laws require CC.

Post imported post

I have a ccdw in Kentucky but carry open A LOT!

I'm also a Corrections Officer but never carry mybadge open when off duty. Never.

Just carried in my dentist's office today at 1400 hrs to have a tooth fixed. Only one older person looked at me 'funny' but staff paid no attention. I have carried concealedin there. Today I just went in open.

Post imported post

If I still lived in Michigan I would get one, but since I was planning on moving to the South West where there are no real incentives other than being able to conceal, which I won't do anyway, I haven't bothered.

However, I may in the future get one so that I can carry when I go back to Michigan to visit and do the Michigander bike tour.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I chose #1 as I work inside Denver where OC is illegal. I OC pretty much everywhere else though.

Post imported post

When I go for walks I open carry I also have a mini video camera just in case cops want to hassle me about open carry I donthave ccdw permit if cops do hassle me the tape goes to I.A.

Post imported post

OCL....Check out the Kentucky forums. We're gpnna meet in E'Town Saturday.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You forgot one choice, Do not have a CWP at this time , but working on getting it.

Just ordered my firearm and should have it later this week, in time to get some practice in with it, before I go through the gun safety course later this month.

Post imported post

I go which ever way that is more comfortable and appropriate at the time.

Tarzan

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    You forgot one choice, Do not have a CWP at this time , but working on getting it.

Just ordered my firearm and should have it later this week, in time to get some practice in with it, before I go through the gun safety course later this month.
    Nope, didn't forget it. The poll however does allow you to change your vote at a later date. So you can vote as is appropriate now and then change it once you obtain your CWP.

Best of luck in going through the CWP process!

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:

Tarzan
    Tarzan, you might want to specify that you are referring to how you carry a firearm. Just sayin' ... You wouldn't want that quoted out of context otherwise. :P

Post imported post

I CC everyday and prefer it over OC, but OC frequently because of Virginia's stupid restaurant laws.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:

Tarzan
    Tarzan swings?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:

Nope, didn't forget it. The poll however does allow you to change your vote at a later date. So you can vote as is appropriate now and then change it once you obtain your CWP.

Best of luck in going through the CWP process!
    OK Deep, I went with the "Don't have yet, can't afford" option for now, which isn't far off.

Post imported post

OC out in rural areas, rockhounding and hiking. Slip ona vest (CC)when going into crowded stores oroutdoor events.

Post imported post

Though I support the right to OC, I very rarely do it myself- generally only at a get together type meeting where the standard "dress" is OC.

I don't have anything against OC, I just don't feel it's right for me personally.

Post imported post

I OC everywhere I can, but CC only when necessary (i.e. malls, movies, with Shauncey).

So I use it only as convenience. It's good to have options. Plus in the fall/winter season, I usually prefer to CC since it allows me stay armed and stay warm.

Post imported post

I support the right of people to receive permission for something they don't actually need permission for, it's just not for me.

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    tarzan1888 wrote:

Tarzan
    Tarzan, you might want to specify that you are referring to how you carry a firearm. Just sayin' ... You wouldn't want that quoted out of context otherwise. :P

OK....I might say that.....but actually it really refers to how I dress in general.

OK...OK...For those who don't like cryptic messages. For me, when I plan on leaving my home I think about where I will be going, what I will be doing and with whomI will I be interacting. I then chose the appropriate wardrobe to accomplish the task at hand. Part of my planned wardrobe is my choice of carry weapon and the manner in which I will be carrying. I want the best combination of comfort, convenience, serviceability and discretion. There are times and places when I don't care who knows I am armed, and other times and places, when I do. I am less about making a political statement than I am about satisfying my needs, when I decide howI an going to wear my gun.

The other night I was in a Mexican restaurant in Utah. My lovely wife and I were sitting by the door.

It was warm when I sat down and so I removed my sports coat and put it over the back of my chair. Under my sports coat I had my .357 Magnum snubby in my Bianchi Shoulder rig.

As I sat there, enjoying my Big Kahuna Burrito, in walked 4 Utah HP troopers. They walked right past me and went and got in line to make their orders.

Over the next 45 minuets to an hour I noticed one or more of them eying me from time to time.

When we had finished, I disposed of our trash, put my jacket back on and we left. I smiled at the officers as we left.

The circumstances that brought me to Utah that day, required me to be dressed in a sports coat and slacks.

The environment in that restaurant was such that I was warm and removed my coat.

The officers saw but didn't care.

I saw them and I didn't care.

I was about comfort under the circumstances.

Tarzan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast