• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you have a CC permit and if so, do you use it?

Do you have a CC permit and if so how often do you use it.

• I have a CC permit/license and use it frequently because state/local law requires CC.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a CC permit/license and use it frequently/always because I prefer to CC.

• I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot obtain one due to my age.

• I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot afford to obtain one at this time.

• I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot obtain one for other reasons (VT/AK residents see

• I do not have a CC permit/license, although I could obtain one, because of personal beliefs, objecti

• I live in VT/AK where no permit required and CC frequently.

• I live in VT/AK where no permit required and rarely/never CC.

• Total voters

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Though I support the right to OC, I very rarely do it myself- generally only at a get together type meeting where the standard "dress" is OC.

I don't have anything against OC, I just don't feel it's right for me personally.

danbus

imported post

I OC everywhere I can, but CC only when necessary (i.e. malls, movies, with Shauncey).

So I use it only as convenience. It's good to have options. Plus in the fall/winter season, I usually prefer to CC since it allows me stay armed and stay warm.

tarzan1888

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
I go which ever way that is more comfortable and appropriate at the time.

Tarzan
Tarzan, you might want to specify that you are referring to how you carry a firearm. Just sayin' ... You wouldn't want that quoted out of context otherwise. :p

OK....I might say that.....but actually it really refers to how I dress in general.

OK...OK...For those who don't like cryptic messages. For me, when I plan on leaving my home I think about where I will be going, what I will be doing and with whomI will I be interacting. I then chose the appropriate wardrobe to accomplish the task at hand. Part of my planned wardrobe is my choice of carry weapon and the manner in which I will be carrying. I want the best combination of comfort, convenience, serviceability and discretion. There are times and places when I don't care who knows I am armed, and other times and places, when I do. I am less about making a political statement than I am about satisfying my needs, when I decide howI an going to wear my gun. ;)

The other night I was in a Mexican restaurant in Utah. My lovely wife and I were sitting by the door.

It was warm when I sat down and so I removed my sports coat and put it over the back of my chair. Under my sports coat I had my .357 Magnum snubby in my Bianchi Shoulder rig.

As I sat there, enjoying my Big Kahuna Burrito, in walked 4 Utah HP troopers. They walked right past me and went and got in line to make their orders.

Over the next 45 minuets to an hour I noticed one or more of them eying me from time to time.

When we had finished, I disposed of our trash, put my jacket back on and we left. I smiled at the officers as we left.

The circumstances that brought me to Utah that day, required me to be dressed in a sports coat and slacks.

The environment in that restaurant was such that I was warm and removed my coat.

The officers saw but didn't care.

I saw them and I didn't care.

I was about comfort under the circumstances.

Tarzan

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Interesting to read various 'situations'... I OC everyday... everywhere. I also have a CCW butI live ina ratherremote section of theSW Arizona Sonora desert... 'Open Range' area. The 'wild' part of the old wild west. I reckon you'd call me a cowboy. My carry piece is a 1911-A1 .45acp. Kind'a hard to conceal... 'n it's hot here... (Very). No shorts 'n sandals or none of that stuff... LOL! It's also a VERY long response time for ny LEO's... Sheriff, Border Patrol... Only 5 or so of those in 155 sq. miles. I'm about 20 miles or so from the border... maybe less.'Got wild critters here 'n two legged ones that will do ya harm. The wild ones do what they do... 'n best left unmolested. The other type come lookin' for it. Unlike some areas... (states) the LEO's never hassle anybody for carryin'. Ever! It's normal... The newbies sometimes get excited... but that's normal too.The ones from IL, NY, NJ 'n CA especially.

'Why do you carry a gun?" 'Cause the Sheriff's too heavy!

I would like to see OC legal everywhere. What part of 'Shall not be infringed' don't these weenies understand?

FogRider

imported post

marshaul wrote:
I support the right of people to receive permission for something they don't actually need permission for, it's just not for me.
That's not really fair, there are quite a few people that don't have the option one way or the other. As I said before, I work in Denver where the law is CC with a permit only.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

FogRider wrote:
marshaul wrote:
I support the right of people to receive permission for something they don't actually need permission for, it's just not for me.
That's not really fair, there are quite a few people that don't have the option one way or the other. As I said before, I work in Denver where the law is CC with a permit only.
Fair has nothing to do with it... What some states 'n municipalities do... have done and will continue to do is violate your Constitutional rightto bear arms as a means of your natural right of self defense. No government can 'give you' a Right. You're born with it. What Government does is recognize, codify and support that right... or deny it... limit it... infringe upon it.

Dahwg

imported post

I don't really think about OC versus CC much except when I'm going somewhere that doesn't permit OC. Or where decorum would dictate otherwise (the office, church etc).

Otherwise, what I choose to wear that day dictates whether I OC or CC. My two holsters of choice are both OWB, don't even own an IWB, so even when I CC it's a very casual CC at most. Then again, this is AZ and nobody really cares (except for the Chicagoland transplants-of which there seem to be more and more).

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

None of the options presented apply to me at this time. I've applied for a concealed carry permit, though, and will use it as needed. I intend to open carry (I only JUST bought the pistol and haven't gotten a holster yet) but in the winter months this isn't practical, so I intend to have and use a CC permit. The state of Washington also requires a CC permit to transport a loaded weapon. SinceI believe that an UNloaded weapon is a stick I feel the need for the permit.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
I don't really think about OC versus CC much except when I'm going somewhere that doesn't permit OC. Or where decorum would dictate otherwise (the office, church etc).

Otherwise, what I choose to wear that day dictates whether I OC or CC. My two holsters of choice are both OWB, don't even own an IWB, so even when I CC it's a very casual CC at most. Then again, this is AZ and nobody really cares (except for the Chicagoland transplants-of which there seem to be more and more).
'Bout every third person I have a conversaton with seems to come from Chicago area... (My wife's from Chicago... I'm not, thank God). I think that's the primaryorigin of all the remarks about my OCpistol tho. What'd they do... have a mass exodus from Illinois or somethin'? Not that I blame 'em...

brolin_1911a1

imported post

Here in Missouri, we technically have the right to carry openly recognized by Article 23 of our state constitution, but....

But somehow the only case that's made it as far as a court of appeals resulted in a ruling that said cities and municipalities may regulate open carry within their jurisdictions because the State legislature said they could. The appeals court didn't explain how the legislature could overrule the state constitution but until someone manages to take it to the state supreme court that ruling stands.

As a result, until the legislature passes firearms preemption that includes regulation of open carry, any city, town, or village in the State can pass its own laws against open carry. Many of them have done so. There is no central list or repository of which ones have banned open carry and which ones have not. In urban areas of the State such as St. Louis or Kansas City especially one can be openly carrying legally, cross the street, and suddenly be in violation of the law.

With that situation it is simply safer and wiser to get a CCW permit and carry concealed.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

brolin_1911a1 wrote:
Here in Missouri, we technically have the right to carry openly recognized by Article 23 of our state constitution, but....

But somehow the only case that's made it as far as a court of appeals resulted in a ruling that said cities and municipalities may regulate open carry within their jurisdictions because the State legislature said they could. The appeals court didn't explain how the legislature could overrule the state constitution but until someone manages to take it to the state supreme court that ruling stands.

As a result, until the legislature passes firearms preemption that includes regulation of open carry, any city, town, or village in the State can pass its own laws against open carry. Many of them have done so. There is no central list or repository of which ones have banned open carry and which ones have not. In urban areas of the State such as St. Louis or Kansas City especially one can be openly carrying legally, cross the street, and suddenly be in violation of the law.

With that situation it is simply safer and wiser to get a CCW permit and carry concealed.
Methinks the State Legislature should abide by the State Constution (that's what it's for) and forbid any abbrogation of Rights by local meddlers. This should extend to the entire United States as well.

In the Heller case, Justice Scalia wrote, “Nowhere else in the Constitution does a ”right“ attributed to ”the people“ refer to anything other than an individual right. What is more, in all six other provisions of the Constitution that mention ”the people,“ the term unambiguously refers to all members of the political community, not an unspecified subset... The Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms... The very text of the Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed’.”

These local weenies are in violation of both the State and US Constitution's. The Constitution does not regulate how such arms are to be borne (carried/worn)... or that 'arms' are specifically firearms. Again... Rights are not granted by the Govenment... you're bon with 'em. The Right to self defense (along with the means) is self explanatory. Cicero argued that before the Roman Senate 2083 years ago. (And won)

okiephlyer

imported post

I am in a state that does not have OC yet. So I CC here and check the OCDO web site when I travel. I am in VA often, and have OC'd there on numerous occasions. I OC when I can and CC where I must.

sraacke

imported post

I voted #2 (I have a CC permit/license and use it frequently/always because I prefer to CC.) I CC about 70% of the time due to several reasons but mostly because here in Louisianathere is a history of LEO harrasment of OCers and I don't have themoney or job which would allow me to get arrested on false charges and then have to sue. It all depends on where I'm going and what I'll be doing whether I OC or CC.

rmodel65

imported post

i oc 99.9% of the time we dont have a concealed license here in ga. we need a GFL (georgia firearms license) to carry OC or CC