• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you have a CC permit and if so, do you use it?

Do you have a CC permit and if so how often do you use it.

• I have a CC permit/license and use it frequently because state/local law requires CC.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a CC permit/license and use it frequently/always because I prefer to CC.

• I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot obtain one due to my age.

• I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot afford to obtain one at this time.

• I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot obtain one for other reasons (VT/AK residents see

• I do not have a CC permit/license, although I could obtain one, because of personal beliefs, objecti

• I live in VT/AK where no permit required and CC frequently.

• I live in VT/AK where no permit required and rarely/never CC.

• Total voters

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I know we have had polls before on whether or not members have CC permits and that the last one indicated that about 75% of members have a CC permit/license. Some recent posts indicate that some people may think that the members of this forum only OC or that because we are members here have an objection to CC. If there are a few comments about this, given the large number of visitors we get, I would guess that there are many who do not comment who also have this impression. My experience on the forum is that most of us support either CC or OC as most of us just generally support the RKBA and most of us CC on at least some occasions as appropriate to the situation.

I tried to break the poll down to get a pretty good snapshot of the membership as the info may be valuable at a future date. AK and VT posed a problem being that VT requires no CC license to CC and offers no CC license, and AK while also not requiring a license to CC, does offer one for the benefit of those traveling outside the state. I thought of different ways to address this and hope my final solution is satisfactory. As with anything, this poll is not perfect. It is already long and to draw other distinctions would have made it longer still. I tried to cover most of the positions and opinions I have seen on the forum during my tenure here.

IF YOU LIVE IN VT OR AK and have a resident/non-resident CC permit/license, please choose the appropriate "I have a CC permit and" category. The bottom two "I live in VT/AK" categories are exclusively for those who live in those states and do not have any CC permit/license from any state.

ETA: For clarification:
If you live in a state that requires CC to OC (which I left out of the poll - DOH) please vote in the appropriate "I have a CC" category.

If you have a CC and are forced to CC primarily for any reason (besides personal preference) that was intended to be under the first choice even if it is policies rather than laws that force you to CC:

ree

imported post

Note that in some states (e.g. MN) a permit to carry is what's issued and you can't OC or CC without a permit. So you'd need a new option for us: 'I have a permit because it's required by law for CC or OC, but prefer to OC' or something like that.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ree wrote:
Note that in some states (e.g. MN) a permit to carry is what's issued and you can't OC or CC without a permit. So you'd need a new option for us: 'I have a permit because it's required by law for CC or OC, but prefer to OC' or something like that.
Darnit. I did miss that point when making the poll. Just whiffed on that point. :(

ETA: I would suggest that the closest voting choice to that situation is the 3rd choice - Have CC permit but prefer to OC.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I chose CC frequently, but the poll choices can be misleading. I don't CC frequently because I prefer it, I do it because I'm frequently in places that do not allow OC, and simply "not being there" is not an option.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

ree wrote:

That's exactly my case. I havea permit to carry.OC is technically not illegal, but is arrestable (state police make their own laws here). Although I wouldn't OC even it was allowed. I just prefer CC.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bobernet wrote:
I chose CC frequently, but the poll choices can be misleading. I don't CC frequently because I prefer it, I do it because I'm frequently in places that do not allow OC, and simply "not being there" is not an option.
In a case where OC is not allowed by some rule or law but you can CC, please vote state/local laws require CC.

TheMrMitch

imported post

I have a ccdw in Kentucky but carry open A LOT!

I'm also a Corrections Officer but never carry mybadge open when off duty. Never.

Just carried in my dentist's office today at 1400 hrs to have a tooth fixed. Only one older person looked at me 'funny' but staff paid no attention. I have carried concealedin there. Today I just went in open.:D

Michigander

imported post

If I still lived in Michigan I would get one, but since I was planning on moving to the South West where there are no real incentives other than being able to conceal, which I won't do anyway, I haven't bothered.

However, I may in the future get one so that I can carry when I go back to Michigan to visit and do the Michigander bike tour.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You forgot one choice, Do not have a CWP at this time , but working on getting it.

Just ordered my firearm and should have it later this week, in time to get some practice in with it, before I go through the gun safety course later this month.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
You forgot one choice, Do not have a CWP at this time , but working on getting it.

Just ordered my firearm and should have it later this week, in time to get some practice in with it, before I go through the gun safety course later this month.
Nope, didn't forget it. The poll however does allow you to change your vote at a later date. So you can vote as is appropriate now and then change it once you obtain your CWP.

Best of luck in going through the CWP process!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
I go which ever way that is more comfortable and appropriate at the time.

Tarzan
Tarzan, you might want to specify that you are referring to how you carry a firearm. Just sayin' ... You wouldn't want that quoted out of context otherwise. :p

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

Nope, didn't forget it. The poll however does allow you to change your vote at a later date. So you can vote as is appropriate now and then change it once you obtain your CWP.

Best of luck in going through the CWP process!
OK Deep, I went with the "Don't have yet, can't afford" option for now, which isn't far off.