• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you have a CC permit and if so, do you use it?

Do you have a CC permit and if so how often do you use it.

• I have a CC permit/license and use it frequently because state/local law requires CC.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a CC permit/license and use it frequently/always because I prefer to CC.

• I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot obtain one due to my age.

• I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot afford to obtain one at this time.

• I do not have a CC permit/license because I cannot obtain one for other reasons (VT/AK residents see

• I do not have a CC permit/license, although I could obtain one, because of personal beliefs, objecti

• I live in VT/AK where no permit required and CC frequently.

• I live in VT/AK where no permit required and rarely/never CC.

• Total voters

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
brolin_1911a1 wrote:
Snip For Space!
Methinks the State Legislature should abide by the State Constution (that's what it's for) and forbid any abbrogation of Rights by local meddlers. This should extend to the entire United States as well.

In the Heller case, Justice Scalia wrote, “Nowhere else in the Constitution does a ”right“ attributed to ”the people“ refer to anything other than an individual right. What is more, in all six other provisions of the Constitution that mention ”the people,“ the term unambiguously refers to all members of the political community, not an unspecified subset... The Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms... The very text of the Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed’.”

These local weenies are in violation of both the State and US Constitution's. The Constitution does not regulate how such arms are to be borne (carried/worn)... or that 'arms' are specifically firearms. Again... Rights are not granted by the Govenment... you're bon with 'em. The Right to self defense (along with the means) is self explanatory. Cicero argued that before the Roman Senate 2083 years ago. (And won)

Just a point...

Right about now, I am having images of a Southern Black Gospel Man, turning to the choir, and saying "There IS a God!"

Instead of telling us this information, because you damn well know that we agree with you, head on over to your local Congress-critters office, and tell them. Send them a letter. Ask them if they took an oath to protect the Constitution, then give them a copy of the Second Amendment. Ask them what they think about it, especially now that the Supreme Court has held that it is an INDIVIDUAL right being mentioned therein.

Not trying to be an ass here (well, maybe a little bit), but you sound educated on the topic. Quit telling us, and tell someone who is ignorant on the matter. Enlighten them.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The two primary reasons for which I have a Washington CPL
1). So that I can carry loaded in my vehicle as per Washington law (RCW 9.41.050).
2). Not having to wait when I purchase another handgun.

In the last 8 months I have CC'd only 5x's.

quarter horseman

imported post

To make it easyer on yourself you may want to get a cc. It would be a pain to unload thegunput the gun inyour trunk, locked boxexc. when you are driving, then pull it out load it up and then oc. if your gun is in you car in MI it is considerd concealed even if you have it on the dash board exposed.

libertyrules

imported post

When I bought my first revolver (S&W.357 mag) last Nov, I didn't even know OC was allowed in my state (CO), so I got my ccw - I had just moved from NJ ('nuff said, right?). It was very cold this winter, so I wore it cc. When I discovered this site, I began to OC, in May. I have OC'd ever since, wherever I go. I have had one problem in this little town, but I continue to OC anyway. When the LEO questioned me, he wanted to know if I had a "permit". I showed him my ccw, and he backed off - Since he was satisfied when he saw my ccw, I chose not to educate him at that moment. If he questions me again, I'll have to educate him on the legallity of OC'ing in his state. For now they leave me alone. Come winter, I'll cc again, because how do you OC in 0-20 degree weather?

I remember the first time I OC'd - I thought "there's no way I'm getting away with this". Then it sunk in that I wasn't "getting away" with anything, that there simply is no law against OC in the state of Colorado (except Denver, where I don't plan to ever venture, but if I do, I'll cc). And state law pre-empts local town ordinances. But the mind-set took some time to adjust. Now I'm just a man getting about his business, who also happens to carry his gun on his hip as is his right. Aside from that one incident, people have asked me about it, but haven't hassled me, and I explain it to them in simple terms. I prefer to OC.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
brolin_1911a1 wrote:
Snip For Space!
Methinks the State Legislature should abide by the State Constution (that's what it's for) and forbid any abbrogation of Rights by local meddlers. This should extend to the entire United States as well.

In the Heller case, Justice Scalia wrote, “Nowhere else in the Constitution does a ”right“ attributed to ”the people“ refer to anything other than an individual right. What is more, in all six other provisions of the Constitution that mention ”the people,“ the term unambiguously refers to all members of the political community, not an unspecified subset... The Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms... The very text of the Second Amendment implicitly recognizes the pre-existence of the right and declares only that it ‘shall not be infringed’.”

These local weenies are in violation of both the State and US Constitution's. The Constitution does not regulate how such arms are to be borne (carried/worn)... or that 'arms' are specifically firearms. Again... Rights are not granted by the Govenment... you're bon with 'em. The Right to self defense (along with the means) is self explanatory. Cicero argued that before the Roman Senate 2083 years ago. (And won)

Just a point...

Right about now, I am having images of a Southern Black Gospel Man, turning to the choir, and saying "There IS a God!"

Instead of telling us this information, because you damn well know that we agree with you, head on over to your local Congress-critters office, and tell them. Send them a letter. Ask them if they took an oath to protect the Constitution, then give them a copy of the Second Amendment. Ask them what they think about it, especially now that the Supreme Court has held that it is an INDIVIDUAL right being mentioned therein.

Not trying to be an ass here (well, maybe a little bit), but you sound educated on the topic. Quit telling us, and tell someone who is ignorant on the matter. Enlighten them.

Arizona is not problematic in this regard. However... I HAVE sent same to Mayors of DC, Baltimore, Chicago, San Franciso, New York 'n others. Also I've sent same to the Governors of these respective states. They are universally arrogant in their tyranny. Not ignorant... they KNOW what the Constitution recognizes. They won't do it tho. They especially won't do it for some cowboy outta their voting area.

I put it out here... in hopes that y'all who do live in these areas will copy it... send it on to whomever they choose. Even here, altho I'm sort'a preachin' to the choir... there are some who still have the idea that the Constitution is permission... not recognition of a Right. I understand this... 'cause even as far back as Jr. High... this is the manner in which the Constitution was presented. 'You have these rights 'cause the gummint gives 'em to you. No! That's license. That's permit. I can see vestigages of that inculcationin Liberty's post above. OC is legal because Colorado has not denied the Right to keep and bear arms.

The MSM... particularlythat emanating from the east coast never informs the public of States that recognize the RTKBA. Any that do (such as when Florida became 'shall issue' some years back... decried: "It'll b the 'Wild West' down there. (huh?) Truth is... most of the old wild west has had OC/CCW for as long as the States have existed.

When Virginia became OC in '05 (I think it was) The MSM said NOTHING! Not a freakin' word! That silence resulted in two guys gettin' arrested in Alexandria the next day (in Starbucks) for OC'n. There's areas in PA that still result in gettin' hassled. (and elsewhere as we see in this forum) Now... I've OC'd for a long time... but for many... it's a freedom that they have never enjoyed. A freedom thathas beentheir RIGHT from birth. This is the 'message' this forum promotes.

MetalChris

imported post

I'm still CC-ing...all the anti-gun Ohio LEOs make me too nervous to OC. :)

frommycolddeadhands

imported post

I have a CCW and when I do carry a gun, I almost always go concealed. Firstly, OC in North Dakota is only permitted during daylight hours, and usually I'm up and about at night time (shift worker). Secondly, I can carry loaded in my vehicle. Lastly, when I'm walking past a group of 'no-good-nicks' late at night I cannonchalantly put a hand in my pocket (read: grip the gun in my pocket) and be ready to defend (the quickest draw is to already have the gun in your hand, this wouldn't be possible if OCing without brandishing, or possibly escalating IMHO)

If the guys who got my spidey-sense riled turn out to be a bunch of normal gents meaning me no harm, a polite smile and a tip of my hat is all they'll ever see. No need to alarm them, or insult a group of regular folks that I just was feeling supersitious about.

On the other hand if they do turn out to be deviants, I've already got my gun in my hand and the situation would likely play out differently.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Intimidation? Is not Ohio an OC state now? Your choice... but being intimidated ain't one of my strong points.

Mack 12ga.

imported post

You need one more question : I OC when I can but allot of the time it's better to c.c.w only because of the places I go.

In Missouri there are a lot of places you cantgo with a weapon and if you get cot with one it's not a crime they can only ask you to leave and so long as you do then no harm no foul, but if you refuse and they call the local leo then it's a $100. fine and it's nothing more than a ticket unless your stupid enough to fight with the leo in which case you shouldn't have a gun any way.

And these places are church the bank the mall ( very gun unfriendly ) and work ect. its better to keep it hidden, but once out side of these places it's just a matter of taking off the vest or jacket , not a problem.

Better to have a weapon whether concealed or in the open than none at all !

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Yeah... malls are antsy. Not the shoppin' center type things... but the enclosed ones with several tiers. I gotta get a shoulder holster I guess... 'n wear a jacket.

MetalChris

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Intimidation? Is not Ohio an OC state now? Your choice... but being intimidated ain't one of my strong points.
Ohio has always been an OC state, they only recently became a CC state a couple of years ago. :)

FogRider

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Unfortunately, intimidation is effective. If someone can't afford to lose (and some can't, for varying reasons), they can't afford to fight. It sucks, but it's the way of the world.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

I opencarry 90% of the time. My employer does NOT want to know that I carry concealed at work (Don't ask,don't tell is the UNOFFICIAL policy I have gotten from security). But, since I have become aware of the Open Carry option, I still use the CCP to avoid the Federal School issues.

Just my 2 bits.

JoeSparky
Edited: spelling

MetalChris

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Evil triumphs when good men do nothing
Evil triumphs when a good man tries to do something, but loses his security clearance and his job due to jack booted thugs with an agenda.

chood73

imported post

You left out one question, I have CC and CC alot because of my job most days..I like OC..Really no pref for me.

Chris

Cols, Ga