• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti's infiltrating this site!!!

UpNorth

imported post

Asthe word continues to get out here in Michigan and other States, one should keep in mind that these types are going to try to create chaos between us, and have us put our time and energy into incidents that have never happened. If you read about an incident, please don't have a knee jerk reaction until there has been some type of verifiable information that what the subject has stated to be TRUE. I already think that there has been two or three on this site and the MGO site. If you have someone "in the know" aka, a Police Officer that is with that Department in question, please make an informal request to that person to see if the situation is credible. Thanks!

ghostrider

imported post

I talked to another forum member about this yesterday, and came to the same conclusion. It's bound to happen when the membership is growing at such a fast pace. It's also one of the reasons why I stress reading the info that Venator has posted, as well as knowing how to handle LE encounters.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
I agree 100 percent ! And will verify before jumping;)

Also if that is a bogus situation let's see about barring that individual...
Bobcav, IIRC, was very good atseeking out these individuals who would come on-board with multiple usernames, etc, to start their B******t. Too bad he's still not a Mod to help keep these flies out of the ointment.

UpNorth

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:
I agree 100 percent ! And will verify before jumping;)

Also if that is a bogus situation let's see about barring that individual...
Bobcav, IIRC, was very good atseeking out these individuals who would come on-board with multiple usernames, etc, to start their B******t. Too bad he's still not a Mod to help keep these flies out of the ointment.
Maybe we could get some help like this from the site owners???? Paging the two owners, out there?

ghostrider

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Help? Like what?

Who do you think is the mole?
It's not like we have anything to hide. I think the concern is that some people may come here just to "stir things up" and see if they can get a rise out of us. I think it's more a matter of us just using our best judgment, and conducting ourselves in a professional manner. If we can't deal with them effectively in here without any help, then how will we deal with them on the streets where we don't have the rest of the board to support us.

Tucker6900

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
I think it's more a matter of us just using our best judgment, and conducting ourselves in a professional manner. If we can't deal with them effectively in here without any help, then how will we deal with them on the streets where we don't have the rest of the board to support us.
I think thats the best angle. Just act like the grownups we think we are:Dand there shouldnt be any problems. And knowing some of the "anti's" thatare out there, they'll take whatever we say, good or bad, and twist it into something that its not.

Michigander

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

It is unfortunate that all the moderators are gone. I kind of wish they would acknowledge how big the site has gotten, and go for the old fashion moderator sock puppets since people get mad on big forums when moderators speak their minds. Seems to work pretty well on most big forums. Either that or maybe have some secret moderators known only to the other moderators, with an ability to contact them with a "report this post to a moderator" function. Whatever way it could happen, I personally believe this site is better off with multiple moderators.

But it's not like it's all that bad. Most people on this site are exceedingly polite and easy to get along with.