• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets have a OC get together

amigaman

imported post

You guessed right, Morgantown is just a tad bit North there Mama. Beckley to Morgantown is about 2-3 hrs and 170'ish miles. Once you get on I-79 it is a straight shot here. I know I would like to see a get together happen soon and frequently. Getting the time for the wife to come too will be the challenge.

Scott
www.ussglory.com

Sig229

imported post

I think we should decide first, if want to to actually Open Carry at this meet, or just meet up unarmed to discuss different topic/issues?

Personally, either way is fine with me.

If we decide not to OC this first meet, then we can meet pretty much anywhere.

But if this will be an OC meet, we need to decide if we will meet up at a local restaurant that is OC friendly or a public park where the general public is a non-issue.

Im not from the area, so I really cant make an argument for which restaurants are OC friendly.
As far as location that is central to the majority of the members currently from WV, it seems as though Clarksburg or Parkersburg seem like "central" locations since most members are in the mid to northern part of the state.

So to get things rolling. I propose anyone interested in coming to post whether they want an OC meet or Non-OC and what town out of the two ,or suggest another location.
I say we let the "voting" start now (8-13) and run until 8-17.

The reason I think we should have a time frame for posting our OC and location concerns is that on other forums I am a member of, people can hash out a location decision for weeks. So, I believe that giving a series of days for everyone to think about and then decide for themselves is better than the "never ending meet & greet" thread you sometimes see.

Its 2:30 am, so if none of the above I typed makes sense. Please forgive me. :D

I look forward to reading everyones 2¢!

Sig229

imported post

Can any of you fine folks in the Clarksburg or Parkersburg area, do a little research on pulbic and or state parks.
Perhaps we can have a cookout and enjoy the wonderful weather we have been having.
Besides, I haven't been to a cookout yet this whole summer!
I have some fresh misqete{SP?} wood that I would like to donate for the grill also. If you have never had a cookout without the food being lightly smoked with misquete wood, you dont know what your missing!

If any of you can do some research, please find out if there is a cost to using some of the facilities there and if the grills are there already or if we need to bring our own.

I have a grill that would feed about 5-8 people.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Suggestion = 2 or 3 of you get together and make a decision.
Just do it as to date and location and then invite all others.

Do not take a vote or offer a poll - there will always be some that can't make your schedule - others will debate the choice. There will alwys be next time for them.

As to OCing - this is OCDO is it not? Go for it!

Yata hey

Sig229

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Suggestion = 2 or 3 of you get together and make a decision.
Just do it as to date and location and then invite all others.

Do not take a vote or offer a poll - there will always be some that can't make your schedule - others will debate the choice. There will alwys be next time for them.

As to OCing - this is OCDO is it not? Go for it!

Yata hey

Thanks for the advice.
Myself and a few others have already been doing a lot of that via PM.

The whole "voting" thing is just for the location, and thats primarily because I really dont know the area at all since Im new to WV.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hope all goes well for you and you have a good turn out.

I have been priviledged to attend numerous OC dinners here as well as a cookout in Pa. and of course the ultimate experience - the annual VCDL picnic. It is a fantastic way to get people together with like values and share in each others experiences. Always a pleasure to meet sposes and children alike.

Yata hey

Sig229

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

I have been priviledged to attend numerous OC dinners here as well as a cookout in Pa. and of course the ultimate experience - the annual VCDL picnic. It is a fantastic way to get people together with like values and share in each others experiences. Always a pleasure to meet sposes and children alike.

Yata hey

Thanks!

I know its a long hual, but of course your more than welcome to attend.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Sig229 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Thanks!

I know its a long hual, but of course your more than welcome to attend.
Appreciate the invitation. No promises yet but I shall keep up with your postings.
We have an OC dinner next Tuesday and I intend to be at Leesburg in September.
Yata hey

yearofspider

imported post

I'm new to this forum, but not new to WV. I've been here all my life and would definitely be interested in an OC picnic, BBQ, or any kind of meeting. Just name a date, time, and place, and I'll be there!

Sig229