Thread: Negligent Discharge Page

Post imported post

found this (rather graphic caution!) story about a guy http://negligentdischarge.com/leg.html that had a ND and was not too proud to post it in hopes that others could learn from his mistakes.

Post imported post

Complacency kills and bullet holes hurt!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

So he thought he was going to dry fire at himself?

That is beyond words. It goes without saying that if all guns are always loaded, even "dry firing" is firing a loaded weapon that has the ability to kill. The 4 rules contain no exceptions!
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I've seen the site before but had not been there since February and had, frankly, forgotten about it. Glad to have had the chance to read the updates.

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    The 4 rules pertain no exceptions!
    +1
    Absolutely !

.. although I fixed your quote

Here's another one with pictures

Glock 30 (45 ACP) through the wrist)

http://www.thegunzone.com/nd.html

Post imported post

Thanks for the fix Dustin

I'd consider intentionally pulling a trigger of a weapon while it's pointed at you to be more of a botched suicide than anything if it doesn't kill you.

About that link you just posted, I think that is one of the greatest faults in any modern gun, that you have to pull a Glock's trigger to strip it. Granted, anyone who knows anything about weapons has been told to always check to insure an absense of ammo when cleaning a weapon, and that goes double for Glock owners, but of course by rule 1 it's still loaded, so why the hell should you have to pull the trigger? It's just not right. Granted, it's the guys own fault he shot his hand, but it's still not a good way to make a weapon.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Yeah I've seen this before, but those pictures never get old in that I can never really look at them and go "meh." I always cringe when I see that nasty entry and exit wound.

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    +1
    Absolutely !

Well this link, the one I posted, This guy was a US Marshall. He sent a 45ACP Black Talon through his Hand while taking the slide off his Glock.

I was thinking that's not a problem for meb/c I don't have to pull the trigger to breakdown my XDM.

Nonetheless, he almost lost his hand. :what:

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    Dustin wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    +1
    Absolutely !

Well this link, the one I posted, This guy was a US Marshall. He sent a 45ACP Black Talon through his Hand while taking the slide off his Glock.

I was thinking that's not a problem for meb/c I don't have to pull the trigger to breakdown my XDM.

Nonetheless, he almost lost his hand. :what:
    1) That link shows why I do not like the Glock take down design.

2) HE was NOT a US Marshall. Read the sidebar and the very last update on the page.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    1) That link shows why I do not like the Glock take down design.

2) HE was NOT a US Marshall. Read the sidebar and the very last update on the page.
    +1 on the Glocks it is usually a love hate relationship n i hated the trigger on the several i have shot, n never bought one just for that reason.

N i believe he is indeed a US Marshal the side bar you made note of says "The Source says..." but was posted by a Sargent Dean Caputo,and says in his last paragraph" as the author wrote" but i can see how easily it could be miss understood.