• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Negligent Discharge Page

Michigander

imported post

So he thought he was going to dry fire at himself?

That is beyond words. It goes without saying that if all guns are always loaded, even "dry firing" is firing a loaded weapon that has the ability to kill. The 4 rules contain no exceptions!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've seen the site before but had not been there since February and had, frankly, forgotten about it. Glad to have had the chance to read the updates.

Michigander

imported post

Thanks for the fix Dustin:cool:

I'd consider intentionally pulling a trigger of a weapon while it's pointed at you to be more of a botched suicide than anything if it doesn't kill you.

About that link you just posted, I think that is one of the greatest faults in any modern gun, that you have to pull a Glock's trigger to strip it. Granted, anyone who knows anything about weapons has been told to always check to insure an absense of ammo when cleaning a weapon, and that goes double for Glock owners, but of course by rule 1 it's still loaded, so why the hell should you have to pull the trigger? It's just not right. Granted, it's the guys own fault he shot his hand, but it's still not a good way to make a weapon.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Yeah I've seen this before, but those pictures never get old in that I can never really look at them and go "meh." I always cringe when I see that nasty entry and exit wound.

Dustin

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Michigander wrote:
The 4 rules pertain no exceptions!
+1
Absolutely !

.. although I fixed your quote :cool:

Here's another one with pictures

Glock 30 (45 ACP) through the wrist)

http://www.thegunzone.com/nd.html

Well this link, the one I posted, This guy was a US Marshall. He sent a 45ACP Black Talon through his Hand while taking the slide off his Glock.

I was thinking that's not a problem for meb/c I don't have to pull the trigger to breakdown my XDM.

Nonetheless, he almost lost his hand. :what:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dustin wrote:
Dustin wrote:
Michigander wrote:
The 4 rules pertain no exceptions!
+1
Absolutely !

.. although I fixed your quote :cool:

Here's another one with pictures

Glock 30 (45 ACP) through the wrist)

http://www.thegunzone.com/nd.html

Well this link, the one I posted, This guy was a US Marshall. He sent a 45ACP Black Talon through his Hand while taking the slide off his Glock.

I was thinking that's not a problem for meb/c I don't have to pull the trigger to breakdown my XDM.

Nonetheless, he almost lost his hand. :what:
1) That link shows why I do not like the Glock take down design.

2) HE was NOT a US Marshall. Read the sidebar and the very last update on the page.

Sheldon

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
1) That link shows why I do not like the Glock take down design.

2) HE was NOT a US Marshall. Read the sidebar and the very last update on the page.

+1 on the Glocks it is usually a love hate relationship n i hated the trigger on the several i have shot, n never bought one just for that reason.

N i believe he is indeed a US Marshal the side bar you made note of says "The Source says..." but was posted by a Sargent Dean Caputo,and says in his last paragraph" as the author wrote" but i can see how easily it could be miss understood.