• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why do we carry???

DEROS72

imported post

Here is a perfect example of a showdown.In this situation what ever you shoot is better than nothing.Why do we carry? Well here it is.Watch though ,the intruders family will try to portray him as a good boy and the victim......

Woodland Hills intruder shot, killed
By Brandon Lowrey, Staff Writer
Article Launched:08/01/2008 10:28:45 PM PDT

The residence at 24300 Burbank Blvd. in Woodland Hills, CA.... (Dean Musgrove/Staff Photographer)

WOODLAND HILLS - One of several men who stormed a suburban home Friday was shot dead by one of the residents, who blasted the intruders as they entered, in an incident police were calling a home-invasion robbery attempt.
Three or four men kicked in the door of the house in the 24300 block of Burbank Boulevard, setting off the gunfight, Los Angeles police said. Aside from the one intruder killed, no one was injured.
"Obviously, these residents here do have a right to protect themselves," said Los Angeles police Lt. Steven Sambar. "Those people are extremely lucky."
Police were searching for two or three other suspects, described as African-American men in their 20s.
Gunfire and screams pierced the neighborhood's usual quiet about 2:45 p.m., after the men first knocked on the home's front door - then kicked it in, Los Angeles police Sgt. Jeff Nuttall said.
Inside was a couple in their 60s and their two sons in their 20s. At least one of the sons was armed, and he opened fire, hitting one of the intruders.
The man died in the doorway, clutching a revolver, Nuttall said. His identity was not immediately available.
The intruders shot back, but didn't hit anyone, then fled. They may have escaped in a silver sedan, Sambar said.
Inside the home, shell casings from various firearms littered the floor and bullet holes peppered the walls, he said.
Police detained a man about a block away but said he

DEROS72

imported post

I just read another article not really gun related but demonstrates how these elitists are medaling in our lives.Mayor Dailey in Chicago has proposed tickets for people texting while walking down the street.What do you bet Nochols will latch on to that.It has to stop!!!!Newslinks for Monday, August 4
Texting While Walking Ban Proposed In Chicago

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Costra Nostra's search feature blows!! It makes WowBB's seem downright user friendly and useful in comparison. From what I can find, while the pic links back to their website I don't find the original story there.

LINK TO ORIGINAL STORY IN OP PLEASE!!