• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here is another scary law in Ct.

owensd

imported post

Sounds a little too much like Minority Report, only without the "visions"...

Why stop with guns... why not just pick up people that look like they are going to commit a crime too; that should help things out too, yeah?

DEROS72

imported post

Next they will come after your car because someone decided you might get in a wreck 10 years from now.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think they should just go ahead and put you in jail now because you might commit a crime later. Could go by family history, genes or neighborhood. Each of these could be a very valid reason. Don't like um lock um up.

:banghead:

DEROS72

imported post

Wouldn,t surprise me in the least deepdiver.You know I was reading the laws in New York and if you apply for a cpl it goes before some sort of commitee to decide if you actually have a reason to have one They don,t get it,the 2nd ammendemnt is all the reason required..Who are they to decide anything.If we don,t get a leash on Nichols ,recall or vote him outwe will be headed that way.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

They should certainly seize alchohol from anyone who is upset or depressed. They should also search the medicine cabinet to make sure no prescription drugs are contra-indicated by their current emotional state.

Since being reported by neighbors is an unreliable, and therefore unfair, means of alerting the police they should inspect all homes on a random basis.

Perhaps instead of just restricting bad things, the state should also actively provide "pick me up" things. Such as chemical mood enhancers, hearty praise, and perhaps the love a good (wo)man, as appropriate.

This would increase employment and reduce the elicit drug and sex trades.

And its for the kids.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Perhaps instead of just restricting bad things, the state should also actively provide "pick me up" things. Such as chemical mood enhancers, hearty praise, and perhaps the love a good (wo)man, as appropriate.
Do you have any idea what state supplied hookers would look like?

:what:

Bear 45/70

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Sturdy and functional. Although any disabilities would of course have to be accomodated.
I doubt the functional part. When has anything the state runs ever been close to functional? Dysfunctional, I'll buy it a second.
rolleyes.gif

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

By "functional" I mean fully complies with appropriate WAC and union requirements. Whether that has anything to do with utility or not is another matter.

ETA: I've got to get better at including smilies.:D

just_a_car

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
They should certainly seize alchohol from anyone who is upset or depressed. They should also search the medicine cabinet to make sure no prescription drugs are contra-indicated by their current emotional state.

Since being reported by neighbors is an unreliable, and therefore unfair, means of alerting the police they should inspect all homes on a random basis.

This would increase employment and reduce the elicit drug and sex trades.

And its for the kids.
ACK!!!....

I'm having flashbacks to Sophomore year in high school!... Oh, I know why! That sounds just like Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Nearly to a "T".