• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non-Eventful Moment

denwego

imported post

EDIT - My post apparently got chewed up by the database error, so I'm reposting...

The non-eventful moment was yesterday afternoon as I was walking my dog. I had gotten back from work and was still in a suit and tie, minus the jacket. I was openly carrying my 1911 while meandering the sidewalks, waiting for the dog to do his business. As I was walking, a VA Beach police cruiser drove by, suddenly stopped, did a U-turn in the street, drove down the road back towards me on the wrong side, then parked facing me about 25 feet away. The cop in the car then proceeded to stare at me for five minutes... just stare. No radio talking (as I could notice), no getting out to talk, nothing, just staring.

Since there was no one else out walking or driving by much while I had been out, he must've just been driving by on normal patrol, saw me, and decided to... stare. God knows what he was trying to do, be it intimidate me by the stare-down technique, or try to see if I took off running for some bizarre reason, or even if I wasn't going to pick up the dog poop from the grass :lol: So, it was a non-event, in the strict sense, but quite weird from my point of view. Every other VA Beach cop I've seen before while OCing just walked on by or nodded or otherwise kept on with their day, while this guy watched me for no reason like I was a drive-in movie. Strange!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

ed wrote:
maybe he thought you were cute.

I started to think the same thing as I was reading the post, haha

Seriously, maybe he had a recruit with him and was explaining OC while watching you. Or maybe he was goofing off on his cell phone and used you as an excuse if someone were to come by, ya never know!

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
Freeflight wrote:
ed wrote:
maybe he thought you were cute.

EEEEEWWWW ACCCK ya just had to go there Ed...
1. Pro went "there too"
2. I am secure in my masculinity
3. Some chicks have told me I am "cute"
4. Look at it this way.. I am hosting the LORI dinner and excited about it :-D

:lol:its cool, I just couldn't think of anything sufficiently smart-*ssed so went with the Juvenile EEEEWWWW ACCCK to attempt to convey full body shivers...

But more to the point, and to the OP denwego, It was Weired off the scale odd sort of way... I would have been tempted to go ask him "Problem?" But don't know for sure if I would have...

FreeFlight.

doug23838

imported post

"They" watch you all the time you just haven't noticed. The dog. It isn't really a dog. It's a highly sophisticated monitoring device covered in fur. It records everything you do then transmits the data to "them". The cop in the car was getting the weekly download from the Rover2000. Usually they pull in your driveway while you're at work and download the data. This time, they got it while you wereoutwalking what you think is a dog.

They did the same thing to me.

Mechanic

Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley, California, USA
imported post

doug23838 wrote:
"They" watch you all the time you just haven't noticed. The dog. It isn't really a dog. It's a highly sophisticated monitoring device covered in fur. It records everything you do then transmits the data to "them". The cop in the car was getting the weekly download from the Rover2000. Usually they pull in your driveway while you're at work and download the data. This time, they got it while you wereoutwalking what you think is a dog.

That's why, when I go out, I cover my dog with aluminum foil, wear a spaghetti strainer on my head, and place sanitary napkins in my shoes. No one has ever noticed that I'm open carrying, either. I wonder why?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

doug23838 wrote:

I had a very, very similar experience. When I came home one day, I saw one of those cars in my driveway and I think that it had even been in my bed. My wife, who was home at the time, said that she saw it too. She said that the model number was the NextDoorNeighbor2008.

She got a better look at it than I did, but I'm ready if it ever comes back.

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
imported post

Mechanic wrote:
doug23838 wrote:

That's why, when I go out, I cover my dog with aluminum foil, wear a spaghetti strainer on my head, and place sanitary napkins in my shoes. No one has ever noticed that I'm open carrying, either. I wonder why?
Dont you see folk dressed like that all the time in California?