Thread: Looking to pop my cherry . . . what do I need to know?

Post imported post

New guy here, I've had my cpl since 91. Friend of mine open carries around town. I like the idea of desensitizing folks and educating them on gun rights. Before I do, I just want to make sure I know exactly what I need to know, you know?

What info am I required to give by law?

I'm not looking to be a problem, but would rather know exactly what's what. Looking for help in WA.

Thanks,

Slugger

Post imported post

Slugger wrote:
    New guy here, I've had my cpl since 91. Friend of mine open carries around town. I like the idea of desensitizing folks and educating them on gun rights. Before I do, I just want to make sure I know exactly what I need to know, you know?

What info am I required to give by law?

I'm not looking to be a problem, but would rather know exactly what's what. Looking for help in WA.

Thanks,

Slugger
    Get and read the Gun Rights pamphlet that is available here on the forum. That will tell you what the basics are. Here you go.

Post imported post

Excellent, thanks much. I found an awesome link while searching for that pamphlet! My other searches weren't getting me anywhere. Thanks again for your time

Here's the thread. Sure would make a good sticky to leave at the top. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ights+pamphlet

Slugger

Post imported post

Slugger, welcome to OCDO. Glad that thread helped out! Feel free to post questions or PM if you'd prefer.
    I hope you'll make it to a get together so we shake hands.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Welcome Slugger! Bear pretty much summed it up for ya. Everything else you need to know is easily gleaned by reading over various threads.

Let us know how things go!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hi and welcome to OCDO it's good to have you here with us. Also along with reading up on the laws and everything. Just know if you are doing nothing wrong, no one can do anything to you. I simply carry myself as I would any other day, and no one says a word to me.Good luck, things should go well for you