• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to pop my cherry . . . what do I need to know?

Slugger

imported post

New guy here, I've had my cpl since 91. Friend of mine open carries around town. I like the idea of desensitizing folks and educating them on gun rights. Before I do, I just want to make sure I know exactly what I need to know, you know?

What info am I required to give by law?

I'm not looking to be a problem, but would rather know exactly what's what. Looking for help in WA.

Thanks,

Slugger

Bear 45/70

imported post

Slugger wrote:
New guy here, I've had my cpl since 91. Friend of mine open carries around town. I like the idea of desensitizing folks and educating them on gun rights. Before I do, I just want to make sure I know exactly what I need to know, you know?

What info am I required to give by law?

I'm not looking to be a problem, but would rather know exactly what's what. Looking for help in WA.

Thanks,

Slugger

Get and read the Gun Rights pamphlet that is available here on the forum. That will tell you what the basics are. Here you go.

Free_Washington_Gun_Rights_Pamph-1.jpg

Free_Washington_Gun_Rights_Pamphlet.jpg

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Slugger, welcome to OCDO. Glad that thread helped out! Feel free to post questions or PM if you'd prefer.
I hope you'll make it to a get together so we shake hands.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome Slugger! Bear pretty much summed it up for ya. Everything else you need to know is easily gleaned by reading over various threads.

Let us know how things go!

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hi and welcome to OCDO it's good to have you here with us. Also along with reading up on the laws and everything. Just know if you are doing nothing wrong, no one can do anything to you. I simply carry myself as I would any other day, and no one says a word to me.Good luck, things should go well for you