• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just sent picnic story to KIRO

DEROS72

imported post

I just posted a story to KIRO NEws about the open carry picnic.We'll see what response we get.....

Open carry .org stands up for 2nd ammendent rights during picnic at park in Puyallup.About 15 to 20 ordinary citizens met for a picnic at Meridian oark in Puyallup sunday afternoon.The difference, everyone there openly carrying handguns,which is legal in the state of WA.They passed out brochures and information regarding Wa.state gun laws and our rights to self protection.There were other families in the park,most seemed curious,some had no idea what their rights were.Most seemed unconcerned.The police did drive by but never approached as they could probably see they were ordinary Americans exersising a right and werejust enjoying the afternoon with good friends..Photos available.

Shanew1

imported post

I cant wait to see if they pick it up, although i doubt they will.

DEROS72

imported post

We will see They wouldn,t want a positive gun story now would they..

DEROS72

imported post

Very good Bear.IF they do anything with it we can change the wording.

DEROS72

imported post

Hey Bear reread the post.I changed it a little and resent it.

just_a_car

imported post

Um, Deros, not to sound rude at all, but before sending stuff to a major media outlet, perhaps have someone proof-read your material? There's many punctuation errors and a couple spelling/grammar mistakes.

I'm not trying to be down on you and I don't say anything about such things when people post to the forums, but when we're sending things to the Media, we want to show a face of intelligent, responsible gun-owners. I'm not saying you're not that, but sending messages with errors in them gives the media and their readers that impression.

Holo

imported post

Absolutely agree with you there. Unfortunately, people in the media will make judgments of your intelligence, and by proxy, the intelligence of the group you're trying to represent based on your grammar, spelling, and writing style.

DEROS72

imported post

I agree Thats why I had a secretary when I was still working However .We are educated gunowners and It was just sent off as a tip nothing has been written and they may not even respond.If there is to be a story it will be properly written .It does not reflect on me or anyone else as uneducated.I never finished college but yet GM"ED a 150 million dollar corp.Also did promotions and product development for the NFL.None ever hired me for my comma's etc.

Bear 45/70

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Hey Bear reread the post.I changed it a little and resent it.

You either need to get a spell check program or have someone proof read this stuff before you send it. I down loaded ieSpell and try to remember to use it.

http://www.iespell.com/download.phpJ

JAC is right, you should run this kind of thing past the group. A picture should have everyone in it's approval before being sent. Common courtesy there.

Holo

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I agree Thats why I had a secretary when I was still working However .We are educated gunowners and It was just sent off as a tip nothing has been written and they may not even respond.If there is to be a story it will be properly written .It does not reflect on me or anyone else as uneducated.I never finished college but yet GM"ED a 150 million dollar corp.Also did promotions and product development for the NFL.None ever hired me for my comma's etc.
Well, at least Bear got the point through to you. :)

DEROS72

imported post

Well thats because I take Bear seriously.As for pics.None were sent toKIRO,howeverthe picsare alreadyon this web site and already public.For all to see.I don,t open carry and stand for a right and hope no one sees me.We all pass out pamphlets with this address on it with the hopes people will look at it and this site.. I never aspired to be a writer so if someone with that skill wants to take it up ,Please.

just_a_car

imported post

I don't aspire to be the OCDO WA writer or "PR guy", but I am happy to help edit/proofread people's material for the site. Just PM me and we can do it over PM or, preferably, over email (I use GMail which is really nice for conversation/thread-like email exchanges).

Honestly, I don't have a lot of time to throw at editting, but OCDO is one cause I'm passionate about to make the time for.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I don't aspire to be the OCDO WA writer or "PR guy", but I am happy to help edit/proofread people's material for the site. Just PM me and we can do it over PM or, preferably, over email (I use GMail which is really nice for conversation/thread-like email exchanges).

Honestly, I don't have a lot of time to throw at editting, but OCDO is one cause I'm passionate about to make the time for.
You should be. You are very good at it.
icon_thumright-1.gif