• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WSP LEO encounter

jddssc121

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
...................l. Personally if they ask I will not lie but it is not illegal to tell them you do not have a pistol when in fact you do.................................
Not illegal but unwise as if they happen to see your handgun, you will be looking down muzzles(s) in the hands of very nervous cops who will most definitely feel you lied to them by not telling them you were carrying. If I was them (was never a dream for me) that's how I would feel about it.
agreed. not sure if it counts as legal or not...either way not a smart idea. If i didn't want to let them know, i would refuse to answer before i lied....

but as for me, if i don't tell them on my own (which i usually do) i'll answer honestly if asked....everytime...

joeroket

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
...................l. Personally if they ask I will not lie but it is not illegal to tell them you do not have a pistol when in fact you do.................................
Not illegal but unwise as if they happen to see your handgun, you will be looking down muzzles(s) in the hands of very nervous cops who will most definitely feel you lied to them by not telling them you were carrying. If I was them (was never a dream for me) that's how I would feel about it.
Unfortunately some feel the need to live dangerously.

Bear 45/70

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
Unfortunately some feel the need to live dangerously.
I've livedvery dangerouslyin the past and let me tell you, if you live you will wish you hadn't lived that way. Been hurt and damaged to many times and they allhurt like hell now.
mad0228.gif