Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Heller Resolution

  1. #1
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post




    Massachusetts: Heller Resolution Passes House!



    Monday, August 04, 2008





    Please Keep Checking http://www.NRAILA.org for Further Updates!


    Before adjourning last week, the MassachusettsHouse of Representativespassed House Resolution 5029, sponsored by State Representative George Peterson (Ninth Worcester),recognizing the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision affirming that the Second Amendment guarantees the individual's right to keep and bear arms. The House voted 115 - 40 to approve the resolution.


    Text of House Resolution 5029
    Whereas, On Thursday, June 26, 2008 the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed that the Second Amendment to the Constitution protects an individual's civil right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia; and


    Whereas, On Thursday, June 26, 2008 the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed that the Second Amendment to the Constitution protects an individual civil right to use arms for traditionally lawful purposes; and

    Whereas, On Thursday, June 26, 2008 the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed that the Second Amendment to the Constitution protects the lawful use of arms for self-defense within the home; and

    Whereas, On Thursday, June 26, 2008 the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed that the core lawful purpose of the Second Amendment is self defense; and

    Whereas, The term firearm used in this resolution is a generic term not specific to any class of guns; now therefore be it

    Resolved, That the Massachusetts General Court joins in the opinion of the United States Supreme Court and officially recognizes that the Second Amendment to the Constitution does protect an individual civil right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia and protects an individual civil right to use arms for traditionally lawful purposes and protects the lawful use of arms for self-defense within the home and officially recognizes that the core lawful purpose of the Second Amendment to the Constitution is self defense; and be it further


    Resolved, That a copy of these resolutions be transmitted forthwith by the Clerk of the House of Representatives to Gun Owners' Action League.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902

    Post imported post

    Big deal. It means nothing. How about everyone who voted for the resolution votes to repeal their gun laws. If they are not willing to do that then they are useless. It's like wearing a blue ribbon to show you care about AIDS. What a crock. Here are a list of some things they should pass.



    Repeal their discriminatory laws against non-citizens.

    Repeal their AWB and standard capacity magazine ban.

    Repeal the licensing requirement for purchase and open carry.

    Repeal their strict ammo laws.

    Get rid of the AG's consumer safety list.

    Repeal their ban on supressors and short barrled rifles and shotguns.


    If they are not willing to do this then the resolution means nothing. Big deal, tell GOAL they are on their side while they continue to make their laws worse year after year.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    37

    Post imported post

    Well All I can say is this is a start in order to fix our laws here in Mass, I may agree with Jared on most here-> Repeal their AWB and standard capacity magazine ban
    Repeal the licensing requirement for purchase and open carry.
    Repeal their strict ammo laws.
    Get rid of the AG's consumer safety list.
    Repeal their ban on supressors and short barrled rifles and shotguns.
    but im not sure on the Non-Citizen legal or illegal, I do believe that if your NOT a citizen of this country you should not even have the right to posses ammo let alone firearms, we do need to fix the cost of this resident and non-resident licenses and give more time to non-residents licenses, we need to bring back the Life FID card with no experation date, we need to have more states to carry our firearms in, Mass needs to accept out of state licenses at the same time.

  4. #4
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    What is Life FID card? Is that a federal ID card?

    I know it's not law but I thought some of you might be interested.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902

    Post imported post

    BobbyGun71 wrote:
    Well All I can say is this is a start in order to fix our laws here in Mass, I may agree with Jared on most here-> Repeal their AWB and standard capacity magazine ban
    Repeal the licensing requirement for purchase and open carry.
    Repeal their strict ammo laws.
    Get rid of the AG's consumer safety list.
    Repeal their ban on supressors and short barrled rifles and shotguns.
    but im not sure on the Non-Citizen legal or illegal, I do believe that if your NOT a citizen of this country you should not even have the right to posses ammo let alone firearms, we do need to fix the cost of this resident and non-resident licenses and give more time to non-residents licenses, we need to bring back the Life FID card with no experation date, we need to have more states to carry our firearms in, Mass needs to accept out of state licenses at the same time.
    There is nothing that says citizens can be trusted with a deadly weapon but aliens can not. There are plenty of citizens that should not be anywhere near any weapon or sharp object.

    Rights come from God, not from citizenship. I know plenty of people who are not citizens who are good people, tell me one reason why they should not be able to defend themselves like any other "citizen"???

    People who say only citizens have rights would be the first people to cry, kick and scream if some African nation said they were not citizens so they can't go on their dream hunting safari.

    Sorry, but your "citizenship" test does not pass any kind of muster, if you were inspected and admitted by a CBPO, then there is no reason you should be treated any differently.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    839

    Post imported post

    BobbyGun71 wrote:
    but im not sure on the Non-Citizen legal or illegal, I do believe that if your NOT a citizen of this country you should not even have the right to posses ammo let alone firearms
    The supreme court just recognized that the Second amendment is an enumerated right given by God, listed by the Constitution. The Constitution does not grant rights, only lists preexisting rights. That being said, how can such rights be restricted to only citizens of the US?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    37

    Post imported post

    What im trying to say is until our government keep track of people comming in and out of this country who weren't born here there should be restrictions on people who we don't know about even if you think he is a good fellow nad can be trusted, sorry for being protective on OUR RIGHTS as Americans but keep in mind the Illegal immagrants do the crimes that most Americans don't do and to think he or she being legal or other wise illegal is good enough to be armedI don't think so, I deal with people who were legal and they let their paper work expire and now they are illegal immagrants and no one checks up on these people Immagration static so I have a right to complain when it comes to firearmsand non-Americans, I see no problem with hunting or a safari and you are right it is a gods giving right to own/use firearms only if they have rights where they came from and thats just my opionion but you have to know those non-citizens really really well and more than just he a good guy or a good friend to give our rights away, we live in a world were your trust is no longer the same as it used to be and to just allow someone who is new in this country to handle firearms even if you knew this person very well could be very dangerous unless you know their background check really well if it can be done, you will have to remember that their back ground check at most part in another country will not show up on a data base in the US at most part so you take a chance of giving our rights to someone who could have a criminal record at home but show up clean here and if this is not good enough for you to understand then you will have to live with that descision. I will never change my mind about how I fell about non-citizens with guns but I'll always be an American pro-gunner for life.

  8. #8
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    If he is a legal resident, then by all means, let him carry a weapon. If he is illegal, then he's a criminal and should not even be here. Legal, OK. Illegal, throw his ass out of the country.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902

    Post imported post

    BobbyGun71 wrote:
    What im trying to say is until our government keep track of people comming in and out of this country who weren't born here there should be restrictions on people who we don't know about even if you think he is a good fellow nad can be trusted, sorry for being protective on OUR RIGHTS as Americans but keep in mind the Illegal immagrants do the crimes that most Americans don't do and to think he or she being legal or other wise illegal is good enough to be armedI don't think so, I deal with people who were legal and they let their paper work expire and now they are illegal immagrants and no one checks up on these people Immagration static so I have a right to complain when it comes to firearmsand non-Americans, I see no problem with hunting or a safari and you are right it is a gods giving right to own/use firearms only if they have rights where they came from and thats just my opionion but you have to know those non-citizens really really well and more than just he a good guy or a good friend to give our rights away, we live in a world were your trust is no longer the same as it used to be and to just allow someone who is new in this country to handle firearms even if you knew this person very well could be very dangerous unless you know their background check really well if it can be done, you will have to remember that their back ground check at most part in another country will not show up on a data base in the US at most part so you take a chance of giving our rights to someone who could have a criminal record at home but show up clean here and if this is not good enough for you to understand then you will have to live with that descision. I will never change my mind about how I fell about non-citizens with guns but I'll always be an American pro-gunner for life.

    So if your wife or girlfriend was a resident alien, she should not have the right to defend herself??? She should just curl up and die or get raped or whatever else because she isn't a US Citizen.

    As far as background checks, take it from someone who works in immigration, before a visa is issued to someone, the state department does a local background check before a visa is granted, so your background check senario doesn't hold water. As far as keeping track of who comes in here.... it's called an I-94 for most people.

    Truebrit post on the kentucky page here, he's a resident alien, he sued Kentucky and won because they changed their law to only allow citizens to get a CCW (even though he could open carry). While some people may think non-citizens are subhuman filth, thankfully the courts do not.

    Obviously I have no problem with restrictions against illegal aliens.


  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902

    Post imported post

    rodbender wrote:
    If he is a legal resident, then by all means, let him carry a weapon. If he is illegal, then he's a criminal and should not even be here. Legal, OK. Illegal, throw his ass out of the country.

    That's exactly the point. Citizenship laws have been thrown out in most states that had them over equal protection issues. I never understood those laws. Just because youcame out of your mothers crotch on American soil does not make you some noble and trustworthy person.

    I do find it funny that the same people who have told me that only citizens should have guns are the same ones that whine about Canada not authorizing them to take many types of firearms into Canada. I tell them, why should they, your not a citizen, you shouldn't be allowed to take anything into canada.

    They respond by saying that they are American. That's when I smile and say thats why most of the world hates us, we think we are better than everyone else and it shows.

    My rights come from God, not from my blue passport.

    Who needs Sarah Brady, there are plenty of gunowners who are willing to take away rights.


  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Enfield, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    313

    Post imported post

    Mass makes liberal CT seem gun friendly..haha..the stupid AG list is insane....my friend lives there and is jealous of the handguns i have (Kimber, SIG P250, RUGER LCP, New Glock, Springfield Armory)....all these guns you CAN own in mass (i believe)..you just can't buy them new from a dealer....what a joke...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902

    Post imported post

    buketdude wrote:
    Mass makes liberal CT seem gun friendly..haha..the stupid AG list is insane....my friend lives there and is jealous of the handguns i have (Kimber, SIG P250, RUGER LCP, New Glock, Springfield Armory)....all these guns you CAN own in mass (i believe)..you just can't buy them new from a dealer....what a joke...
    The guns that are not on the list are unsafe and a safety hazard to you, and the children of the commonwealth. Of course if your a police department, then those evil glocks suddenly become safe and acceptable.

    The commonwealth is a great place to visit, not live.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •