Thread: Double-mag carrier..

State Researcher

Post imported post

So I just picked up a Fobus double mag holder for my .40 SW99 magazines to use in competition and for general carry. I wanted to try it out this evening, but I don't have enough carry rounds to fill my recently acquired extra mags, so I was trying to figure out what to do with the 2nd magazine spot...

voila! The phone is a Samsung Juke, and it fits nice and snug, but not too tight, in the mag holder. Talk about convenient!

Post imported post

Just make sure you don't hold your mag to your ear or reload with your phone

Post imported post

I would definitely layer your cell phone designated spot with felt or something soft. I got the Mrs a Juke for her birthday (and a Glyde for me :P) and she's scratched the living daylights out of it already. It's only been two freakin weeks!!!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
    I would definitely layer your cell phone designated spot with felt or something soft. I got the Mrs a Juke for her birthday (and a Glyde for me :P) and she's scratched the living daylights out of it already. It's only been two freakin weeks!!!
    Yeah, I'm pretty anal about my phones for some reason. I just like to keep things looking nice. I was actually thinking of doing exactly what you suggested. I also have a high-quality nylon pouch that came with my microtech switchblade. Coincidentally, not only does the knife fit in it, but my magazine fits perfectly as well. I guess my cellphone would fit, too! I just think it's neat that the cellphone is basically magazine sized lol.

State Researcher

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    lol!!! I didn't see this post before .

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    I was gonna say the same thing.

DreQo - Where did you purchase this? Online maybe? How much did you pay?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Harvdog wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:
    I was gonna say the same thing.

DreQo - Where did you purchase this? Online maybe? How much did you pay?
    I grabbed it at the local gun shop for $26. Probably not the cheapest I could have gotten it, but I like supporting the shop and I wanted it by this weekend.

Post imported post

Buddy of mine carries a Fobus mag holster that looks like that one. FWIW he says it is the most comfortable mag holster he has ever used and that he forgets it is even there on a regular basis. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as he does form his.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

State Researcher

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Buddy of mine carries a Fobus mag holster that looks like that one. FWIW he says it is the most comfortable mag holster he has ever used and that he forgets it is even there on a regular basis. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as he does form his.
    I've already been surprised at how comfortable it is. Ive always been leery of paddle-secureditems, partially because it's not as secure as a belt loop, and partially because you're shoving something hard down your pants. It just sounded uncomfortable to me, lol. I'm not worried about someone attempting to grab my mag pouch, so that wasn't a concern here. Anyway your buddy is right, you forget it's there once it's on.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:
    I've already been surprised at how comfortable it is. Ive always been leery of paddle-secureditems, partially because it's not as secure as a belt loop, and partially because you're shoving something hard down your pants. It just sounded uncomfortable to me, lol. I'm not worried about someone attempting to grab my mag pouch, so that wasn't a concern here. Anyway your buddy is right, you forget it's there once it's on.
    Galco makes a similar double mag paddle holster. I wonder if there is any difference in the comfort.

Post imported post

Hey DreQo, is that the 4500 mag pouch? I have a Ruger P94 in .40, and, although that pouch is not specifically for mine, the guys at Fobus said it would work for me. I was getting ready to order it, and was wondering if you had any complaints on the fit of the mag in the pouch?

Respectfully,

Pol

State Researcher

Post imported post

Pol Mordreth wrote:
    Hey DreQo, is that the 4500 mag pouch? I have a Ruger P94 in .40, and, although that pouch is not specifically for mine, the guys at Fobus said it would work for me. I was getting ready to order it, and was wondering if you had any complaints on the fit of the mag in the pouch?

Respectfully,

Pol
    The box says 6909 Paddle Mag, so I don't think so. The application list reads like this:

9mm Double Stack

Beretta 92 96, Browning HP, Ruger 9mm .40,

Springfield XD, Sig 9mm only, Sigma 99,

S&W 5906, Taurus 92 99 Millenium,

Walther P99 9mm .40, Generic 9mm .40

I don't know about the 4500, but the 6909 that I have says it should fit your mags.My mags fit perfectly. If anything I wish I could just slightly tighten it, but it's not bad enough to be a problem. A little more resistance would be nice, but they do stay in and they do not wiggle at all.

Post imported post

Ah, thats the difference. My mags are single stack.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Respectfully,

Pol

Post imported post

Pol Mordreth wrote:

Respectfully,

Pol
    So will this work with XD 40 mags?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Harvdog wrote:
    Pol Mordreth wrote:

Respectfully,

Pol
    So will this work with XD 40 mags?
    It appears that way...but don't take my word for it lol. I'm going to a competition tomorrow, so if I run into someone with a .40 XD I'll see if their mag fits.

Post imported post

WhenI carry a DMP it is aG-Code.
    With G-Codes DMP the front mag iscanted forward, there is a distinct separation and the center screw is for tension.
    I use the belt slide not the paddle version.

file photo
    http://www.gunnersalley.com
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin