• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Double-mag carrier..

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

So I just picked up a Fobus double mag holder for my .40 SW99 magazines to use in competition and for general carry. I wanted to try it out this evening, but I don't have enough carry rounds to fill my recently acquired extra mags, so I was trying to figure out what to do with the 2nd magazine spot...

voila! The phone is a Samsung Juke, and it fits nice and snug, but not too tight, in the mag holder. :D Talk about convenient!

l_52db971eca4a5c0c4562fd4b9a82814b.jpg

l_a65e2b982c3b1dfd640e127dd56bcca7.jpg

l_2973c5271d0201a9091d5ce87509b6f7.jpg

Evil Ernie

imported post

I would definitely layer your cell phone designated spot with felt or something soft. I got the Mrs a Juke for her birthday (and a Glyde for me :p) and she's scratched the living daylights out of it already. It's only been two freakin weeks!!!:banghead:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
I would definitely layer your cell phone designated spot with felt or something soft. I got the Mrs a Juke for her birthday (and a Glyde for me :p) and she's scratched the living daylights out of it already. It's only been two freakin weeks!!!:banghead:
Yeah, I'm pretty anal about my phones for some reason. I just like to keep things looking nice. I was actually thinking of doing exactly what you suggested. I also have a high-quality nylon pouch that came with my microtech switchblade. Coincidentally, not only does the knife fit in it, but my magazine fits perfectly as well. I guess my cellphone would fit, too! I just think it's neat that the cellphone is basically magazine sized lol.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Just make sure you don't hold your mag to your ear or reload with your phone :lol:
lol!!! I didn't see this post before :D:D.

Harvdog

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Just make sure you don't hold your mag to your ear or reload with your phone :lol:
I was gonna say the same thing. :lol:

DreQo - Where did you purchase this? Online maybe? How much did you pay?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Harvdog wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
I was gonna say the same thing. :lol:

DreQo - Where did you purchase this? Online maybe? How much did you pay?
I grabbed it at the local gun shop for $26. Probably not the cheapest I could have gotten it, but I like supporting the shop and I wanted it by this weekend.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Buddy of mine carries a Fobus mag holster that looks like that one. FWIW he says it is the most comfortable mag holster he has ever used and that he forgets it is even there on a regular basis. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as he does form his.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Buddy of mine carries a Fobus mag holster that looks like that one. FWIW he says it is the most comfortable mag holster he has ever used and that he forgets it is even there on a regular basis. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as he does form his.
I've already been surprised at how comfortable it is. Ive always been leery of paddle-secureditems, partially because it's not as secure as a belt loop, and partially because you're shoving something hard down your pants. It just sounded uncomfortable to me, lol. I'm not worried about someone attempting to grab my mag pouch, so that wasn't a concern here. Anyway your buddy is right, you forget it's there once it's on.

Harvdog

imported post

DreQo wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
I've already been surprised at how comfortable it is. Ive always been leery of paddle-secureditems, partially because it's not as secure as a belt loop, and partially because you're shoving something hard down your pants. It just sounded uncomfortable to me, lol. I'm not worried about someone attempting to grab my mag pouch, so that wasn't a concern here. Anyway your buddy is right, you forget it's there once it's on.
Galco makes a similar double mag paddle holster. I wonder if there is any difference in the comfort.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

Hey DreQo, is that the 4500 mag pouch? I have a Ruger P94 in .40, and, although that pouch is not specifically for mine, the guys at Fobus said it would work for me. I was getting ready to order it, and was wondering if you had any complaints on the fit of the mag in the pouch?

Respectfully,

Pol

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Pol Mordreth wrote:
Hey DreQo, is that the 4500 mag pouch? I have a Ruger P94 in .40, and, although that pouch is not specifically for mine, the guys at Fobus said it would work for me. I was getting ready to order it, and was wondering if you had any complaints on the fit of the mag in the pouch?

Respectfully,

Pol

The box says 6909 Paddle Mag, so I don't think so. The application list reads like this:

9mm Double Stack

Beretta 92 96, Browning HP, Ruger 9mm .40,

Springfield XD, Sig 9mm only, Sigma 99,

S&W 5906, Taurus 92 99 Millenium,

Walther P99 9mm .40, Generic 9mm .40

I don't know about the 4500, but the 6909 that I have says it should fit your mags.My mags fit perfectly. If anything I wish I could just slightly tighten it, but it's not bad enough to be a problem. A little more resistance would be nice, but they do stay in and they do not wiggle at all.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Harvdog wrote:
Pol Mordreth wrote:
Ah, thats the difference. My mags are single stack.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Respectfully,

Pol
So will this work with XD 40 mags?
It appears that way...but don't take my word for it lol. I'm going to a competition tomorrow, so if I run into someone with a .40 XD I'll see if their mag fits.

Marco

imported post

WhenI carry a DMP it is aG-Code.
With G-Codes DMP the front mag iscanted forward, there is a distinct separation and the center screw is for tension.
I use the belt slide not the paddle version.
gcodedoublemag1

file photo
http://www.gunnersalley.com