• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Small Confrontation in Ogden Saturday night

combatcarry

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
She likes it, I got her the x26c, its about $1,000(which should have gone to the FN 5.7 pistol I wanted :banghead:) but for her, its what she wants. As long as you know she wont use it on you, quite painful.
The Taser C2 is cheaper and puts out a longer does of pain than the x26c. The longer time is so that you can drop the taser and run away. I insist that my wife carry a C2 whenever possible (since she won't carry a gun). The x26c is also an excellent product, but its design is more tailored to law enforcement.

I think the OP handled the situation very well. Maybe the guy wanted to hand you a gospel tract, or was some type of missionary? Sometimes I will strike up a conversation with people and talk to them about the Christian faith, and give them a tract to read. Often times this leads with a handshake.

It doesn't matter his intentions, if you felt he was a threat to your family you did the right thing. We can all learn a lesson from what you did.

combatcarry

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
combatcarry wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
She likes it, I got her the x26c, its about $1,000(which should have gone to the FN 5.7 pistol I wanted :banghead:) but for her, its what she wants. As long as you know she wont use it on you, quite painful.
The Taser C2 is cheaper and puts out a longer does of pain than the x26c. The longer time is so that you can drop the taser and run away. I insist that

Dude, it puts out 30 seconds total...10 seconds a pull x3. Also, its upgradeable software via updates in the batteries that you buy. A bit different technology(not much) and we both liked the "gun" feel of it. But you are right, C2 are much cheaper and actually tailored to women.(with all those funky ass "holders" for them...leopard skin tazer?? honestly....:banghead:)
Thecycle is 30 seconds "per pull" on the C2. I'vetested it. One battery will do 50 cycles of 30 seconds each. Thats 25 minutes of stopping power. Pretty neat stuff.

I gotta have the leapard skin. I mean... How can I possibly carry a self defense device without it matching the color of my underwear? :celebrate

scorpioajr

imported post

.45calcarry wrote:
...."there is no need for you to walk up to me out of the blue, making my family feel uncomfortable and there is no question whatsoever that you need to ask me".....
Just to add .02 more to the pot:

I have always, sort of (loosely), operated upon the basis that: If a situation/something doesn't make sense, its more than likely not true/all that it seems.

AGAIN: Just think you did the right thing in keeping the peace, while exploiting your "show of force".

Marine Master Sergeant

imported post

He was probably 6-10 ft when he "chose" to begin backing away from me--

He stopped walking towards me- when he saw I was armed-

AS somebody else wrote- I was sooooo glad I didn't leave it in the car. And I never will!

I'd rather conceal- then go UNARMED ! ------------ANYWHERE!

Hiredgun30

imported post

anyone that can go from extra nice to a smartazz truly had bad intentions.

you definatley handled yourself in an appropriate manner and had the best possible outcome.
I suggest everyone read the book (the onion field) even though it is a true law enforcement event, you can learn some lessons from it as a gun owner.

I always suggest that everyone carry a bright flashlight when you carry at night .
a bright light can slow down the perps action to give u enought time to draw.
as soon as your weapon is out of the holster the offender is already 2 seconds behind.