• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Democrats Introduce Bill to Repeal DC Gun Ban

Virginiaplanter

imported post

Using the Sportsman for Tim Kane play book.

Democrats want to Pass Less Rigid DC Gun Law to Get Elected

"If the legislation fails, Altmire said, "at least we, as people who are accountable to our constituents, can go back home and talk about what we did on the issue." ;)

That's a big wink and a nod to get it to the House and let the Senate kill the bill and then get re-elected and a new Democratic President.

rodbender

imported post

They call this a Democrat backed bill. It's more like they were forced to back it. I think the NRA is letting these guys off pretty dang easy. They should have forced them to sign the discharge petition or face defeat in the next election.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rodbender wrote:
They call this a Democrat backed bill. It's more like they were forced to back it. I think the NRA is letting these guys off pretty dang easy. They should have forced them to sign the discharge petition or face defeat in the next election.
+1 I am usually pretty pragmatic on political matters but in this case I totally agree with rodbender.

rodbender

imported post

What I mean to say is; How pro-gun can they be, if they were soconcerned what party leadership was going to do to them for signing the discharge petition?