Thread: Seattle PI Blog Post

Post imported post

Some people seem to think that open carry is illegal. Maybe a few of us can go change their minds: http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/s...5.asp#comments

It's nice to see the paper and the Seattle PD get this one right (even if it seems to contradict some of their actions).

State Researcher

Post imported post

I left a reply. Didn't feel like registering, but I did leave a good reply.

Post imported post

reported the first post i saw which said that open carry was illegal as innacurate, sending the paper this message "the legal code cited does not prohibit open carry of handgun it prohibits display of a weapon in a manner which "warrants alarm". according to case law normal carry of a firearm does not warrant alarm, presenting it with the intention of intimidating others does." maybe the paper will remove the factually innacurate blog post? hopefully

State Researcher

Post imported post

joshcdc wrote:
    reported the first post i saw which said that open carry was illegal as innacurate, sending the paper this message "the legal code cited does not prohibit open carry of handgun it prohibits display of a weapon in a manner which "warrants alarm". according to case law normal carry of a firearm does not warrant alarm, presenting it with the intention of intimidating others does." maybe the paper will remove the factually innacurate blog post? hopefully
    The paper doesn't care about accuracy in the reader replies and won't take it down for that I'm sure.

They would be more intersted in posts that violate their rules.

Post imported post

The person that left the reply saying open carry is illegal recanted his statement. He was basing his statement off another article that said open carry is illegal

http://www.claytoncramer.com/Popular...nCarryBan.html

Edit: fixed the link, sorry guys:?

Post imported post

I can see that in 2006 the issue of Open Carry would be a dicey thing. It's amazing how far we have come in 2 years.

edit: I posted about a bad link which has now been fixed

Post imported post

I had to chime in on that one, too.

People outside the "gun circle" are often confused about what the culture is like within that circle. I only recently became a gun owner after about 2 yrs of researching firearms, the laws regarding them, and the internet forums of gun owners. The reason I researched the forums was to get an idea of the culture and mentality of those who own and carry...

Post imported post

Actually, the link isn't dead, it just got mangled byt the automatic-URL-recognition routine *. Try it like this:

http://www.claytoncramer.com/Popular...nCarryBan.html

--------------
    *This often happens when you try to include a bare URL when posting, and there's some additional punctuation like a paren or dash after it.

Post imported post

I just sent Clayton an email referring him to State vs Casad and the court's interpretation of "warrants alarm". Maybe he'll update his page.

Post imported post

There have been a couple of additions to the blog; the usual "open carry is bad" arguments.

I replied. :celebrate