• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle PI Blog Post

joshcdc

imported post

reported the first post i saw which said that open carry was illegal as innacurate, sending the paper this message "the legal code cited does not prohibit open carry of handgun it prohibits display of a weapon in a manner which "warrants alarm". according to case law normal carry of a firearm does not warrant alarm, presenting it with the intention of intimidating others does." maybe the paper will remove the factually innacurate blog post? hopefully

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

joshcdc wrote:
reported the first post i saw which said that open carry was illegal as innacurate, sending the paper this message "the legal code cited does not prohibit open carry of handgun it prohibits display of a weapon in a manner which "warrants alarm". according to case law normal carry of a firearm does not warrant alarm, presenting it with the intention of intimidating others does." maybe the paper will remove the factually innacurate blog post? hopefully
The paper doesn't care about accuracy in the reader replies and won't take it down for that I'm sure.

They would be more intersted in posts that violate their rules.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I can see that in 2006 the issue of Open Carry would be a dicey thing. It's amazing how far we have come in 2 years.

edit: I posted about a bad link which has now been fixed

3/325

imported post

I had to chime in on that one, too. :cool:

People outside the "gun circle" are often confused about what the culture is like within that circle. I only recently became a gun owner after about 2 yrs of researching firearms, the laws regarding them, and the internet forums of gun owners. The reason I researched the forums was to get an idea of the culture and mentality of those who own and carry...

heresolong

imported post

I just sent Clayton an email referring him to State vs Casad and the court's interpretation of "warrants alarm". Maybe he'll update his page.