• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attorney General (McDonald)

6L6GC

imported post

Attorney General Bob McDonald was on WNIS7 90 AM radio and I emailed in a question to the host; Tony Micrini. My question :

VA Code 15.2-915forbids localities from adopting or enforcing any ordinance, resolution, or motion regulating the possession, sale, carry, ect. of firearms or ammunition. "Do you, Sir, support expanding this code to apply to state agencies and departments as well?"

He fumbled around for a few minutes and finally said basically that state departments and agencies have no statutory authority to regulate fireams absent specific authorization of the General Assembly.

Just wanted to pass along this information about the attorney general's view of this matter.

OBXMIKE

imported post

I just knew that question had to come from somebody on this board!

I love it when they (politicos) are forced toacknowledge the TRUTH....

Way to put him on the spot!

6L6GC

imported post

Was you listening to the radio when Tony posed my question to him? Took him a while to answer didn't it.

Ron Lilly
Peninsula Coordinator
VCDL