• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

folks from ok in missouri

nodaywithout

imported post

please forgive how this is written as i tend to hop on forums when i am not so much awake.

[line]

Me and a friend are in KC missouri right now and we OC'd earlier today, while were out and about.
Since we are from a state that does not allow it and neither of us had ever oc'd in public we had wanted to take advantage of the ability while we can.
we stopped in Kansas so i could smoke a cig to take pics while oc and then he took his off (since he has no cc permit at this time) and i just covered mine up with my shirt (he hates that he cant do the same thing).
We did this because we have heard of leos there seem to be a bit less used to oc so we waited till we got into kc missouri.
Once in the hotel i called a few local police departments to look into local laws and ordinances (forgive any mispellings), to make sure that we are to remain legal where ever we go.
after we found out that were good everywhere we would want to go and carry.
walked outside the room, down the stairs and not even down the stairs we got our first looks, and someone we pass said "i hope ya'll are cops" we just smiled and said "no sir, carrying in this form is legal" we smiled and just keept walking.
then went just down the road to long john silvers, walked in and the assistent mgr immediatley was eyeing our firearms. she then says "who do ya'll work for?" we laughed and replyed "DTV", she then says "your ccing in a resteraunt" our response "no just plainview, if it were cc you would never know that we were armed" it was funny how many people talked to us about why we do it etc the asst mgr had said "your work is so dangerous that you need to carry?" our answer was no obviously, but we chuckled.
Later we went to walmart after the Redsox @ Royals game (in which neither of us were carrying at the game) i was polishing off a smoke when we heard some guy talking to his wife saying "did you see that those two had guns on thier hip?!" and then another guy we were passing says "you guys are lucky in CA we cant do that".
anywho we are going to spend another day in KC doing some oc, maybe i will have some more stories.

PhilofMU

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Just for future reference, in case there is ever a problem with OC, Missouri DOES recognize all other states CCW permits. That might make smoothing any rocky situations over a little easier.

captainamerica

imported post

Just remember that OC is lawful in KS and MO except where prohibited by local city and/or community law. I say this b/c you can get into other city limits quickly and unknowingly and thereby be in violation.