• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Field Trip to National Firearms Museum + OC Dinner

Where should we eat dinner?

• Hooters (Chantilly)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fosters Grille (Vienna)

• Red Hot & Blue (Fairfax)[parking sux here]

• Five Guys (Fairfax)

• Total voters

IanB

imported post

Howdy folks,

Thought I'd set up an OC event forus this month. Since there's no VCDL meeting and the temps will be HOT I figured what could be better than traipsing around an air-conditioned museum? And not just any museum, but The National Firearms Museum! Oh, you might be hungry afterwards? Got that covered too, vote for dinner location in the poll. If you're not on vacation we'd enjoy your fellowship!

Firearms Museum website /w directions and further info:
http://www.nationalfirearmsmuseum.org/default.asp

Themuseum is designed to be self-guided however they do sometimes provide a guide for larger groups. They areshort staffed at the museumso I informed the curator we would not need a guide andif any of us had questions about a particular exhibit we would ask questions at the conclusion of the [self-guided] tour. Cameras are allowed and encouraged, however tripods are not. They take up too much space and block access to baby strollers/wheel chairs in the exhibits.

Time: 1400 [Museum] / 1600 [Leave for dinner]

Date: 16 August

Place: NRA HQ, 11250 Waples Mill Rd, Fairfax
Did I leave anything out? Discuss below. Also, need a few more suggestions for dinner, non-seafood type places.

nova

imported post

I've been to every OC event in NoVA for the past few months and I'm not about to stop now! :D

I've been to the NRA Museum twice in the past year but it never gets old to me :)

Doesn't matter where we eat either...so I won't vote yet:cool:

zoom6zoom

imported post

The NRA building is actually in Fairfax, not Chantilly (close, but...)

I can't seem to see a date listed in the OP... am I blind or are you looking for suggestions?

nova

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:

I can't seem to see a date listed in the OP... am I blind or are you looking for suggestions?

It doesn't appear to be in the OP, but it is in the subtitle (which is only visible from the thread listing page)

Aug. 16 @ 2:00 PM

IanB

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:

Correct!! Don't know what site I used, but I did a search for the address and I copied/pasted directly from the page. However, NRA HQ is indeed in Fairfax.

Also, it doesn't appear I can edit the poll options any more, but I'm fine with that since Hooters is currently leading the pack. Final dinner decision will be made next Friday afternoon (15th) based on poll results.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I was thinking the same thing, Tomahawk.

When we went last December, casullshooter, nakedshoplifter and I ate at Chilis on 29. That's another option.

We're up for it, anyway.

IanB

imported post

Unrequited and I ate there (Chilis) on Sunday. Sat in the bar area and enjoyed some Olympic soccer on the TV's while eating our food. We were both OC, and it was impossible for the waitress and customers to not notice. We were sitting at the high top tables that left our firearms very exposed for all to see. Christine (the waitress) was great and the food was delish!

Edit: Uh-oh... looks like Hooters is losing ground!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

razor_baghdad wrote:
It'll be my first event and well, being single.......H(-)(-)ters gets my vote....:what:
"personally" I would choose Chili's.. BUT I go to OC dinners all the time and I am not single.. so I think out of the goodness of all of our hearts, we should honor YOUR request to eat at the place with the OWLS. :)

IanB

imported post

Unfortunatly I cannot modify the poll to include Chili's as a voting option. Looks like thereare 2 votes for Chili's, any more?

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
razor_baghdad wrote:
It'll be my first event and well, being single.......H(-)(-)ters gets my vote....:what:
"personally" I would choose Chili's.. BUT I go to OC dinners all the time and I am not single.. so I think out of the goodness of all of our hearts, we should honor YOUR request to eat at the place with the OWLS. :)

The owl's name is Hootie :pseriously... :D

I'm up for anywhere so I still won't vote.

nova

imported post

almost thought I was going to miss the museum part of the day because I'm getting my CHP certification until 3pm...then I realized that my class is the day after the OC events
phew.gif