Thread: Custom Leather Work--Holsters etc.

Post imported post

I have found a custom leather maker in Mt. Morris. Would anyone possibly be interested in a custom made holster? I'm going to have one made for my Rossi, 44spcl. My thinking is if we had a few people interested, we could maybe get a group discount. I am going to meet him Sat. after the talk show and look things over and talk to him. I just wanted to get a feel for those who may want to check it out.

btw. He is also the owner of the Flint Flea Market.

Post imported post

I am in need of a couple of holsters, so keep me in the loop. Once I got a taste of my first custom holster, it's been hard going back to a mass produced holster Glad to hear of local talent right here in MI!

Post imported post

TireFryer wrote:
    I am in need of a couple of holsters, so keep me in the loop. Once I got a taste of my first custom holster, it's been hard going back to a mass produced holster Glad to hear of local talent right here in MI!
    Ok, glad to. As I said, I'm having one made and if he's good and maybe a little cheaper on the price, I will be having him make a couple more for me. I will see him sat. and keep you posted.

Post imported post

They're not that hard to make. I just started making my own and it's quite fun.

Here's a link to my Flickr pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/29310638@N07/

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Here's his info:

Ragan's Custom Leathercrafting

Dan Ragan - 810-965-6665 draganhd@yahoo.com

I talked to Dan for more than a hour Sat. He is a very nice gentleman. He also has a cpl and is interested in oc'ing. I discussed his work and prices. The best figure he could give me is that he will beat ANYBODY else's prices. The price will be determined by the needs of the buyer i.e., type of holster, size, style, stitching and engraving, etc. as an example for IWB's paddle-$50.00--- shoulder rigs-$90.00 and up. Dan's workshop is at his home. He only has the booth at the Flint flea market located on Dort Hwy in Flint, between Atherton rd. and Hemphill rd.. If you would like to stop in and take a look at his work, he has items there for viewing/sale. He also does other leatherwork, belts, cell phone cases, lighter/ciggarette cases and just about everything else. Feel free to call him for an appointmentor stop by the booth and see him.

Post imported post

I finally got a holster and belt made at a very reasonable price...cheap! I'll try and post a pic of the holster.

Forgot the other side..... oops... at least I finally figured out how to do this. :celebrate

Post imported post

I had a belt made by the same guy. I am VERY pleased. Will be having him do more work.