Thread: Coffee with Leos this morning.

Post imported post

Stopped at a coffee stand this morning to have coffee and talk with the owner a gal I know. Totally OC .2 Demoines motor officers rode up and stopped for a coffee as they sometimes do.I have talked with these guys before.These 2 are a couple of the good guys not once did the subject of my firearm ever come up .Talked a little about the weather and how hot it got in all the get up they had to wear and so on.We have dicussed oc before and they seem to be ok with, it withsome mixed feelings.They got a call and rode off.I would like to commend these guys( I do have there names but wasn't sure I should post them here)for being a couple of the good cops.In comparisonto being hassled by a security guard the other day this really illustrates the difference in profesionalism and training....

Post imported post

I'd suggest stopping into their department HQ and writing up a comment card describing how appreciative of how professional both of them are. You mention they had mixed feelings about OC... well, what do you think their feelings would be if the next time they came up for promotion they have a letter of compliment from a citizen regarding OC that helps them achieve that promotion?
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Thats a good point .I may just do that.

Post imported post

Good advice from j_a_c. On the other question, I certainly wouldn't post their names in a public form like this w/o asking their permission first.

Post imported post

Yeah I was thinking the same also..

Post imported post

Agreed.

Posting these officers' names here serves no purpose... and would potentially set them up for discrimination and retribution from other, less-scrupulous officers that don't like their stance on legal carry by law-abiding citizens.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Heard no mention of Donuts! During my Pops Career on the force he said one didn't go with out the other.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    Heard no mention of Donuts! During my Pops Career on the force he said one didn't go with out the other.
    Coffee stand, not donut shop!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Yup just a coffee stand.....no doughnuts

Post imported post

Coffee and Bagels, the NEW doughnuts...

:celebrate
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

How the hell did you get cops there with no doughnuts? Maybe theyhad beenbad cops and were told "No Doughnuts" for today.