• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coffee with Leos this morning.

DEROS72

imported post

Stopped at a coffee stand this morning to have coffee and talk with the owner a gal I know. Totally OC .2 Demoines motor officers rode up and stopped for a coffee as they sometimes do.I have talked with these guys before.These 2 are a couple of the good guys not once did the subject of my firearm ever come up .Talked a little about the weather and how hot it got in all the get up they had to wear and so on.We have dicussed oc before and they seem to be ok with, it withsome mixed feelings.They got a call and rode off.I would like to commend these guys( I do have there names but wasn't sure I should post them here)for being a couple of the good cops.In comparisonto being hassled by a security guard the other day this really illustrates the difference in profesionalism and training....

just_a_car

imported post

I'd suggest stopping into their department HQ and writing up a comment card describing how appreciative of how professional both of them are. You mention they had mixed feelings about OC... well, what do you think their feelings would be if the next time they came up for promotion they have a letter of compliment from a citizen regarding OC that helps them achieve that promotion?

kparker

imported post

Good advice from j_a_c. On the other question, I certainly wouldn't post their names in a public form like this w/o asking their permission first.

just_a_car

imported post

Agreed.

Posting these officers' names here serves no purpose... and would potentially set them up for discrimination and retribution from other, less-scrupulous officers that don't like their stance on legal carry by law-abiding citizens.

jbone

imported post

Heard no mention of Donuts! During my Pops Career on the force he said one didn't go with out the other.

Bear 45/70

imported post

How the hell did you get cops there with no doughnuts? Maybe theyhad beenbad cops and were told "No Doughnuts" for today.
RoflLg.gif