• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Online Gun Ads

Slowhandmisha

imported post

Hello everyone! I have not been on the site for a while. I originally logged on to this site under the name "Slowhand" until my work network administrator decided to block all sites connected with firearms at my place of employment. The work administrator is located in Mountain View California (right outside of San Francisco - Silicon Valley). So I imagine there is a "Flower Child" computer geek somewhere in the company sitting cross-legged on a pillow in front of a laptop deciding that "guns" ARE BAD! Time to burn some more incense. LOL!

Anyhow, I am trying to sell a FAL rifle via the internet and I am wondering if anyone can let me know what web sites are good and what laws are in place regarding the transfer on long arms in Virginia (the State that I reside in) to private citizens. I know that this may not be the right forum, but I have come to trust and appreciate the input I that have received on this site in the past. As far as I know, I can go to a gun show here in VA and sell a long arm without any regulations (?). In fact, I went to a gun show over the weekend in Dale City but didn't get any takers (economy is down and no one is spending any money - even at rock bottom prices).

Any adviceor suggestions? - Mike :)

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, selling it with in the borders of Virginia, you're pretty much free to sell it without restrictions (you may want to make sure the buyer is a Virginia resident and over 18).

You may want to try and sell it in the EQUIPMENT EXCHANGE on AR15.COM or perhaps warrifles.com or the falfiles.com. If you sell to a buyer in another State, ensure it is legal for that person topurchase/own an assault rifle (I assume your FAL isclassified an "assault rifle")in thatState, i.e. there are no laws prohibiting assault rifle ownership in that State. Also,you'll have to send it to an FFL in the buyer's State for transfer. Many FFLs will not accept a shipment from a non-FFL, even though it is legal.Therefore, you may have to get an FFL in Virginia to actually ship it for you.

Secondly, I'll be happy to give you $400.00 for it.

Slowhandmisha

imported post

Thanks for the reply - Kaiheitail17! (Marine?) I appreciate the feedback. Here are the specs on my rifle:

I purchased an Argentine receiver from DS Arms in the late 90's (check them out online and in Shotgun News - Experts in FAL rifles) and they sold me the lower receiver and then build that receiver on an STG-58 Austrian kit. I am the original owner of the receiver.

Left Receiver:

F.S.L. cal.7.62x51mm(LSR 308 WIN)

Right Receiver:

FMAP DM ROSARIO

It is my understanding from DS Arms that the receiver that I bought at the time was a rare and valuable FAL receiver (Argentine - I am sure not of the type (I, II, II). If you contact DS Arms and tell them the serial number they should be able to verify that...

I am selling the rifle with a low-lightilluminated night sight (attached - British-issued - as used in the Falklins War - with an adaptor for regular watch batteries for illumination) and the orginal bolt dust cover so you can remove the night sight at will. It also comes with four (4) 20 round magazines and a nylon assault weapons carrying case with pockets for all magazines and dust (orginal bolt) cover.

FOR $650 I have pictures upon request - If you can tell me how to do that on this site. - Mike

eyesopened

imported post

Mike, when you make a post there is a section that says Attachment. Click browse, and navigate to the picture and select it. There is a size limitation though.

Another online sales site is gunbroker.com

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Slowhandmisha wrote:
Thanks for the reply - Kaiheitail17! (Marine?)

Mike, you're the first one to pick up on that.

Use the tool bar in the reply screen to insert images. This is the icon you need
image.gif

Edit to correct spelling.

Slowhandmisha

imported post

The angle doesn't do the scope justice. It is a sharp rifle and very fun to shoot. I have extra pictures if you want.

-Mike :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Slowhandmisha,

Post a pic. Do you live close to Suffolk?
Thought that might tweek your interest:p

If you can give an idea if where you are, I might be interested if ODA isn't.

eyesopened

imported post

peter nap wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
Slowhandmisha,

Post a pic. Do you live close to Suffolk?
Thought that might tweek your interest:p

If you can give an idea if where you are, I might be interested if ODA isn't.
He mentions the Dale City gun show, so he's probably closer to NOVA.

Slowhandmisha

imported post

Thanks everybody. I guess I don't have the knack for downloading these images off of my little cheap camera. I think I need to find the software again. I will keep trying to download the images. Gimme some time to figure it out.

As far as the parts needed to comply with regs; like I said the lower receiver was purchased first. And then I sent it back to DSArms later to have an Austrian STG-58 kit installed. Then they mailed the lower receiver (plus parts installed) and mailed the upper receiver (parts installed) both separated (which I was told was in compliance with regs at the time [late 90s]). So, DSArms would only know what parts might have been domestic.

By the way I am located in Woodbridge, VA.

67GT390FB

imported post

Slowhandmisha wrote:
Thanks everybody. I guess I don't have the knack for downloading these images off of my little cheap camera. I think I need to find the software again. I will keep trying to download the images. Gimme some time to figure it out.

As far as the parts needed to comply with regs; like I said the lower receiver was purchased first. And then I sent it back to DSArms later to have an Austrian STG-58 kit installed. Then they mailed the lower receiver (plus parts installed) and mailed the upper receiver (parts installed) both separated (which I was told was in compliance with regs at the time [late 90s]). So, DSArms would only know what parts might have been domestic.

By the way I am located in Woodbridge, VA.

mike,

i sent you a pm with my email. please send me some pics. would you be willing to meet halfway somewhere on 95 like fredericksburg? if so i'll be glad to take the rifle of your hands if it matches your description.

Joe