• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THE IRISH - SUCH CLEAR THINKERS..

Huck

imported post

Leave it to the Irish to cut through the crap
> and make the whole
> > issue crystal clear...
> >
> >
> >
> > Thoughts from across the pond
> > An email from Ireland to the brethren in the
> States...a point to
> > ponder despite your political affiliation:
> >
> > 'We, in Ireland, can't figure out why
> people are even bothering to
> > hold an election in the United States! On one side,
> you have a pants
> > wearing woman lawyer, married to a lawyer who
> can't keep his pants on, who
> > just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer
> who goes to the wrong
> > church who is married to yet another lawyer who
> doesn't even like the
> > country her husband wants to run.
> >
> > Now...On the other side, you have a nice old
> war hero whose name
> > starts with the appropriate "Mc" terminology
> married to a good looking
> > younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.
> >
> > What in Lord's name are ye lads thinking
> over there in the
> > colonies??

Whoever came up with this certainly has his head on straight! :)

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yep, the Irish, if it weren't for whiskey they'd rule the world. I can thank them for the Kennedy's also. Wonder what they're drinking over there?

tarzan1888

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
Yep, the Irish, if it weren't for whiskey they'd rule the world.  I can thank them for the Kennedy's also.  Wonder what they're drinking over there?

All Irishman are not drunkerds.

I am an Irishman and I do not drink.

Why can't you take a post in the spirit that it is given, without the ethnic slurr.

Tarzan

Gunslinger

imported post

I love the Irish, now that they're not killing each other because the other guy is the wrong brand of Christian. Nothing like going into an Irish pub in "Southie" (Boston) and saying "God bless all here." Even though I'm not a 'mick' always got a hardy welcome. Everyone's Irish in a pub! :D

sprat

imported post

I don't understand why this post is up it has nothing to do with open carry, I also take exception to some of the above ethinic slur's. exception not offence as I am taking it from where it comes

please remove this thread

sla`n agus bannacht

sprat

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
kaiheitai17 wrote:
Yep, the Irish, if it weren't for whiskey they'd rule the world. I can thank them for the Kennedy's also. Wonder what they're drinking over there?

All Irishman are not drunkerds.

I am an Irishman and I do not drink.

Why can't you take a post in the spirit that it is given, without the ethnic slurr.

Tarzan

Are youan Irishman or an American? I don't appreciate political advice from a people who are a bunch of political liberals and think Americans or anybody else should make a decision about our leaders based on whether the spouse is attractive or makes a living by the production of and/or sales of alcohol. I am glad you're not an alcoholic, I am sorry that you are so thin skinned as to take my remark so personal. My regrets that I offended you.

May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

smash29

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
I don't appreciate political advice from a people who are a bunch of political liberals and think Americans or anybody else should make a decision about our leaders based on whether the spouse is attractive or makes a living by the production of and/or sales of alcohol.

You do realize the original post was a joke, right?

tarzan1888

imported post

smash29 wrote:
kaiheitai17 wrote:
I don't appreciate political advice from a people who are a bunch of political liberals and think Americans or anybody else should make a decision about our leaders based on whether the spouse is attractive or makes a living by the production of and/or sales of alcohol.

You do realize the original post was a joke, right?

No I don't think he is that bright. :banghead:

I thought it was funny. (The original post that is)

Tarzan

Gunslinger

imported post

sprat wrote:
I don't understand why this post is up it has nothing to do with open carry, I also take exception to some of the above ethinic slur's. exception not offence as I am taking it from where it comes

please remove this thread

sla`n agus bannacht

sprat

I hope you don't mean me. My Irish friends, of which I'm happy to say I have many, call themselves "micks" as a sign of honor. As my name is Michael, they usually include me. As I said, I love the Irish for how they make you feel like one of them.

Note: I didn't say "pegga ma hon..."

tarzan1888

imported post

Huck wrote:
I just wanted to share a good laugh with y'all, I didnt think it'd start any bashing. Sorry. :(

Not your problem Huck....Like I said I'm Irish and I thought it was very funny.

Tarzan

PT111

imported post

Once again someone makes a post and some go out of their way to find wrong in it. If the colonist had argued about everything like the members of this furum do there would never have been a 2A or constitution and we would still be subjects of the King or Queen.