• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Loose lips can get you arrested....

Digitallyelite

imported post

I found this really interesting

So, the police are investigating a crime, and in the course of their investigation, they come to chat with you about what you know or may have seen. You've done nothing wrong, so you have no objections to sitting down with the investigating officers and telling what little you may know. But the questioning becomes more intense, you find yourself stumbling over facts that don't seem important to you, but have the police pricking up their ears. And suddenly you realize that you're not just a helpful witness; now you're a suspect......

Story continued at

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil...-you-shouldnt-talk-to-the-police?cid=Examiner Link To Post

Tucker6900

imported post

This video has been around for a while. Maybe not on OCDO, but on the net. Its a good practice to live by. If an officer approaches me about information on being witness to something, Ill answer a few questions but once it gets to be too much, Ill make sure my lawyer is present next time they want to question me.

Digitallyelite

imported post

Yeah, I actually had to turn off the TV and watch the whole thing myself. It's really interesting seeing how they can apparently take the tiniest little slip up (even if you really had nothing to do with the case) and turn it against you. And I figured with what this site is all about this would be a good thing for us to know, just in case we find our self's face to face with an officer after being arrested for OC'ing. (I just hope this is information we will never have to use).