• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Shops in SW Washington

computerizedfish

imported post

I am in the Vancouver/Camas/Portland area for the next two weeks and was wondering what gun stores you guys would recommend going to. I am interested in a Glock G26 if that helps any.

dt

imported post

+1 for Brightwater Ventures.

I bought my first pistol from Mike several years ago, and he is a great guy. At the time I could barely afford anything (working part time, in college, newly married), but needed to be able to protect my family due to a violent neighbor situation. I decided on a $270 .357 mag revolver, but when he wrote the invoice it was for $250. Ipointed it out and he said not to worry about it.

Now 20 bucks may not be that much to everybody, but in the situation I was in at the time it meant awhole lot. 20 bucks means a lot of groceries when you're scraping by on nothing.

I doubt he remembers it, but he earned my businessfor life with that $20. Andthat of everybody I know that is gun shopping.

Given that I stilldo not have lots of $$$ to spend on guns, I do alot of browsing. I have had plenty of gun shop owners give me essentially the cold shoulder when I came in justto look. Not Mike. He gives me the same attitude regardless of whetherI'm spending money or not.

computerizedfish

imported post

dt wrote:
+1 for Brightwater Ventures.

I bought my first pistol from Mike several years ago, and he is a great guy. At the time I could barely afford anything (working part time, in college, newly married), but needed to be able to protect my family due to a violent neighbor situation. I decided on a $270 .357 mag revolver, but when he wrote the invoice it was for $250. Ipointed it out and he said not to worry about it.

Now 20 bucks may not be that much to everybody, but in the situation I was in at the time it meant awhole lot. 20 bucks means a lot of groceries when you're scraping by on nothing.

I doubt he remembers it, but he earned my businessfor life with that $20. Andthat of everybody I know that is gun shopping.

Given that I stilldo not have lots of $$$ to spend on guns, I do alot of browsing. I have had plenty of gun shop owners give me essentially the cold shoulder when I came in justto look. Not Mike. He gives me the same attitude regardless of whetherI'm spending money or not.
I am in almost the same situation, Newly married, in college, no money, but there has been 4 break-ins in a couple months in a 300ft radius. =[ I will go check them out today.

nathan

imported post

When I started reloading I was missing one little piece for the .38/357 die set I had. I asked Mike if he had and could sell me that piece. He said he didn't sell them but did give me one out of his personal reloading stuff.

I open carry there all the time and it has never been an issue.

LongRider

imported post

We have had good experiences with both of these local shops both are laid back no sales pressure leave you alone or answer any questions you may have

East County Guns in Elma Andy is a good guy informed and customer service oriented. Also has a nice selection of cigar

Renegade Guns in Shelton Troy is a entertaining guy also very customer service oriented and willing to hang out and shoot the breeze

dt

imported post

computerizedfish wrote:
Well, I went and visited Brightwater Ventures and got me a G26. They had good prices and were helpful.

Awesome.Its always nice to send somebody somewhere and have them come back with a good experience and a new gun.

Good luck with the new purchase. Protect your family and stay safe.

Bear 45/70

imported post

LongRider wrote:
Renegade Guns in Shelton Troy is a entertaining guy also very customer service oriented and willing to hang out and shoot the breeze.
That's because his woman won't let him come home early without him getting a cast iron frying pan hair do.
RoflLg.gif

Troy is a good guy and will treat you right. He and I were even partners years ago.