• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped by NPD Asst. Chief for OC. ALERT!

Hiredgun30

imported post

My curiosity is if you were OCing, why did you even show him your maine permit?
your drivers license or your ID card is your OPEN CARRY PERMIT......

i cant stress enough to gun owners that they give up way too much information.
i would have showed my open carry permit (Drivers license).
then answered a few of his questions then asked if i could be on my way.
just remember that keeping your mouth shut is not the same as being deceptive or even less then truthful.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
My curiosity is if you were OCing, why did you even show him your maine permit?
your drivers license or your ID card is your OPEN CARRY PERMIT.....
That may be true in other states, but in Idaho you aren't even required to show your license or ID card. You can OC without ID; the burden of proof is on THEM to prove your not old enough, the guns not legally owned, etc.

Hiredgun30

imported post

my point was that showing a idaho drivers license or ID card would have been a better alternative, a maine permit has nothing to do with OCing in idaho.
ONLY that it is a form of Out of state identification.