• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi all, new memeber

Drgong

imported post

WCU gaduate living in the Gun friendly NC mountians. Hello to any other posters from THR that may know me from there.

I recently bought a Nagant revolver that has a nice holster that came with it. the hoster is one of those that come with Nagant revolvers.

The question is that if the holster is put on, the gun is complely covered, so it is a concealed handgun or OC by NC law?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Drgong wrote:
WCU gaduate living in the Gun friendly NC mountians. Hello to any other posters from THR that may know me from there.

I recently bought a Nagant revolver that has a nice holster that came with it. the hoster is one of those that come with Nagant revolvers.

The question is that if the holster is put on, the gun is complely covered, so it is a concealed handgun or OC by NC law?
Welcome!
Post a picture of your specific holster. A quick search lead me to this:

M1895REVHOLSTER.jpg

If that's what you're talking about, I'd say you're good to go (unprofessional opinion). It's obviously a gun holster, even though the gun itself isn't exposed. If a cop stopped you and ask for a permit, the conversation might go something like this:

Cop: Do you have a concealed weapons permit?

You: No, why?

Cop: You're carrying a concealed weapon.

You: Where?

Cop: Right there *points to holster*

You: Well if you could tell it's a gun, it's not really concealed, now is it? :?

Anyway, also keep in mind that those types of holsters generally don't allow you to draw as fast as an open top holster. Just something to consider if you haven't already.

(I'm not a lawyer, or anyone else you can blame things on. :))